Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:02 pm
when you're watching tv and you see a scene that has a knife in it and all you wanna do is find out what knife they're using.
Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 am
When you sell:
Konosuke Honyaki wa
To buy a grinder, some belts, and some steel to have a go at making your own knives.
Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 am
Your continued sanity forces you to immediately change channels (or reach for the nearest brick) whenever a TV ad for @#$% brand knives comes on.
Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 pm
1. When you plan what you want to eat, knowing what you have in the refrigerator and start thinking of what knife you want to use for the food prep AND know how sharp each of the knives are that you will be using for the meal. You plan your meal around the state of the knives' edges as the first level of mise en place.
2. You look forward to finding a dull edge in your kitchen to try out some new stones.
3. You bring your knives and stones to your wife's doctor to show them off and he thinks you aren't crazy - but his other patients think you are.
4. You realize that you just spent 2 hours on the phone talking to a customer about knives on your first phone call to them.
5. You fly to the other side of the planet on a vacation entirely devoted to knives - multiple times.
6. You know you could go on posting all day on this thread, but don't want to appear too over the top.
7. You attract some very bizarre requests - sharpening fingernails for guitar players, doing landscape paintings with natural stone muds, evaluating knives used to make violins, etc etc. - and thoroughly enjoy these calls.
8. You've seen all of the original Iron Chef shows and have even watched some of the videos in slow motion over and over to see how Sakai peels an apple with a 230 mm Nenox sujihiki.
Thu May 02, 2013 1:33 am
ken123 wrote:You've seen all of the original Iron Chef shows and have even watched some of the videos in slow motion over and over to see how Sakai peels an apple with a 230 mm Nenox sujihiki.
He loved flaunting that move.
Although completely legal and law abiding, there are enough edged weapons in your home (both medieval and modern) that the police and local media could easily draw comedically wrong conclusions about you, in absentia.
Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm
When someone says they got a great deal on their knives at Bed Bath & Beyond you shake your head with pitty.
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 pm
When your right arm looks like a hairy gorilla and your left arm looks like a baby's bottom.
Been there, done that. My wife asks me to please not shave my arm in front of other people to show how sharp the knife's edge is.
Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:18 am
When you come home from working in a kitchen all day (which means that, yes, you've been cutting sh!t all day), and since you're all wired from all that espresso and black coffee that you drank during your shift anyway, you find yourself spending hours on CKTG looking for your next knife/knives, even though with the "money" that you're making, you won't be able to afford anything...possibly, forever.
Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm
Melampus says this belongs here, so here it is.....
"you know you're a knife nut if... you're buying one knife solely dedicated to cut cabbage."
So I'm a nut.....I've been called worse than that!
Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 pm
You grind your finger down on an Atoma 140...
...then refine and deepen the abrasion with a Bamboo 150
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.