It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What size Mac Pro Chef knife should I get?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 pm 

Jeff B wrote:Now that this just hit the shelves, all bets are off! http://www.chefknivestogo.com/goko.html

Got mine ordered. For the introductory price I couldn't pass it up! :D

I dunno anything about it, but I don't think it will disappoint at all for the money. Plus now I'll have a nice 140mm gyuto. lol ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, to the OP... I think for the price this would be one knife that is safe to buy sight unseen. It's a gorgeous knife by the look of the pic and Goko seems to know their way around a knife, not to mention it's $50 off as an introductory price. lol I would wager even at full price it would be a great value like the white #1 Gokos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:46 pm 

Okay - going to give that one a try then! Very nice looking blade. Anyone have any experience with this maker? Looks great for the price.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 pm 

clewlor wrote:Okay - going to give that one a try then! Very nice looking blade. Anyone have any experience with this maker? Looks great for the price.

Check out the vids on this product page: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/gokogyuto240mm.html

That is their 240mm white #1 version. I have yet to see ANY negative reviews for this knife here or with a Google search. Of course people might have knives they like more for whatever reason, but still nothing negative has been said. Maybe about the plastic ferrule... but never about the blade. lol

From what I have seen, Goko seems to be one of the sharpest out of the box as well. I'm hoping that carries through to this damascus series. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:26 pm 

Done - order placed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 pm 

WOOT! Mine has been shipped! Now for the incessant and needless checking of USPS tracking every few minutes until it gets here! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:38 pm 

clewlor wrote:Done - order placed!

For the price I don't think you (or anyone else) will be disappointed. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm 
Forum Moderator

Def - OK recon report required guy :-). Personally I'm interested how thin the grind is at/behind the edge. Comparisons to your Yamashins will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:38 pm 

Will do. I'll try to compare to what they used to be like... right now the santoku seems to be cutting better than the Tojiro DP. lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 pm 
Forum Moderator

Chris - awesome! Let us know what you think when you get it and try it out on some stuff. Beware, you'd better stock up on onions, carrots, potatoes, etc. You'll be looking through your fridge and pantry for product to prep :-). Get out the vacuum sealer ;-).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 pm 

Thanks everyone - appreciate the help throughout! Should be fun as long as I don't cut a finger off.

Now I need a large cutting board!

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next