Switch to full style
All shave related topics post here.
Post a reply

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 am

Got some Panna Crema Lavendotto. It may have taken over a month to get here but it was a great shave this morning. We shall see if I like it as well for the next coming shaves.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:24 am

Art of shaving gets my vote. Both when it comes to creams and soaps. Just outstanding.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:45 am

I just have to comment on shaving soap in general.
It is LIGHT YEARS better than using shaving cream out of a can.
My wife had a badger hair brush laying around and that is what got me started.
I will NEVER go back to the canned crap, never ever again.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:00 am

Awesome wrote:Art of shaving gets my vote. Both when it comes to creams and soaps. Just outstanding.

I dont mind their stuff....but man, they sure charge a premium....

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:27 am

kalaeb wrote:
Awesome wrote:Art of shaving gets my vote. Both when it comes to creams and soaps. Just outstanding.

I dont mind their stuff....but man, they sure charge a premium....

When you rotate between so a bunch of soaps and a AoS puck lasts you six years you don't mind it as much. That said, I had a great coupon when I got mine.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 pm

Panko wrote:
kalaeb wrote:
Awesome wrote:Art of shaving gets my vote. Both when it comes to creams and soaps. Just outstanding.

I dont mind their stuff....but man, they sure charge a premium....

When you rotate between so a bunch of soaps and a AoS puck lasts you six years you don't mind it as much. That said, I had a great coupon when I got mine.



Agreed, I have one puck of AoS soap and around a dussin other pucks. So the price point doesn't bother me that much.

But if we were talking about most bang for your buck, mama bear I think is hard to beat.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:06 pm

For me:

Soap: Mitchell's wool fat. So slick and cushiony. Mild scent
Creme: TOBS Jermyn street. Awesome scent, good overall creme

I also have a couple AoS cremes that I enjoy. I tried a few samples of Mike Natural soaps. They were real good as well with some really nice scents.

Chris

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Martin de Candre

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 pm

I've used Martin de Candre the past two days and I'm really enjoying it. I've had this soap for a while but haven't been giving it the attention it deserves. I'll surely be using this one more frequently going forward.

Re: What's your favorite shaving soap?

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm

favorite was Toms of Maine Lime but it is no longer made. Still looking for a suitable replacement.
Post a reply