It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

This is the forum to announce your sharpening promotions, write about new products you've tested, and show off your skills.
You can post your prices, link your Facebook and YouTube page, contact information, etc...

You can post 1 sales thread and bump it all you want and add new promotions to it.

To apply for your own subforum, PM any of the mods here on the board, they are free!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm 
Forum Moderator

Welcome to my little part of the forum. Knowing I live in Belgium, some European forum members might be interested in my little part of the world.

I will post pricing and articles soon along with links on how to contact me. In the meantime, feel free to post any requests or questions regarding my business or anything related to it!

Stay sharp!

Michiel Vanhoudt

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:09 pm 

Are you going to sell items? From CKTG? (And coticules, of course.) That'd be great! Postage from CKTG is not too bad, and shipment is fast, but the customs can be a real PITA...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

Hey Mark,

No I'm not going to be a European distributor for CKTG. Finding and getting stuff in Europe can be a PITA with the added taxes, VAT, customs and shipping, but for now it seems the only way I can get my precious sharpening equipment.

With a full time job and 2 hours of sharpening or honing / day, there is not much spare time for another thing. I do try to help European customers as much as I can with Dutch and French translation, but for now, this is what it is.

Regards,

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

Belgium customs should spend less time shaking small guys like you down and more time trying to stop 50,000,000 diamond heists from happening right under their noses.

That was a surgical strike those thieves pulled off. Very impressive.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm 

coticules on cktg would be awesome though. =D

been practicing on cheapo carbon straight razors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:Belgium customs should spend less time shaking small guys like you down and more time trying to stop 50,000,000 diamond heists from happening right under their noses.

LOL :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

I guess they just like shaking me in particular Mark :D

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

How many knives a week are you sharpening these days Mike?

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 am 
Forum Moderator

It calmed down a bit lately, so now I do around 25-30 each week. Coming from 150, it's nice to have some spare time. And less Shuns :D

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm 

Michiel, in my neck of the woods the "nice" knives are the Shun's, Globals and MAC's.
If I was an intelligent man, I would become a distributor of the dream knives that Mark sells.

I just don't see many here, every now and then a Chef will open his knife roll and there among the usual crowd will be gem, even in a Saya sometimes so that is a real treat for me when I get to sharpen one.
Shun is an eye catcher that easily lures many chefs in, however, by the time I get to them it is normally the same story, they take a nice edge but won't hold it for long.

On the other hand, as I've mentioned before, sharpening them is a breeze, even if chipped it takes 10-15 minutes tops. I would rather sharpen 5 shuns than 1Henckels that the owner has taken out his frustrations on with a Steel.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]