It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:34 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Website Changes?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 pm 

Hi. A while back, there was some discussion of ideas pertaining to possible changes to the website. Has there been any more thinking along those lines?

I'm specifically talking about additions to decriptions of the knives, such as:

Bevel Type...such as Double Bevel, Single Bevel, 50/50, 70/30, etc.

Grind Information...such as "type of grind", "convex ground both sides", "ambidextrous grind", "ground the same on both sides", etc.

Picture showing both sides of the knife.

Type of steel (s) used and construction, san mai, SKD, etc.

Finish sharpening available.

Etc.

Just wondering if this may be in the future.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Website Changes?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 am 

Something on what stones work well for straight razors might be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 pm 

I think Mark is still in the process and is definitely adding more info and specifications for knives as well as choil shots and other views of the knives

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:06 pm 

more and larger pictures would be great for sure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm 

The manner in which you add a post could be improved. The button/link to add a post is very difficult to find. The small lettering and no button behind it makes it just blend right into the page. I had to look up how to add a post and even they it was still difficult to find.
That would be something the could be improved.

Also a reply with quote button would be nice so that it would add someone's quote to your reply. This way if someone were sending a response to a specific comment within the post if would be easy to understand.

For example Jim says in an earlier comment: I really liked that knife.

Fred replies to Jim's comment by hitting a "reply with quote" button and it automatically adds the quote:

Shows up as text inside a box
Jim: "I really like that knife."

Then Mike writes...
Yeah I like it too.

This way it is easy to respond to specific people within a thread.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:12 pm 
Forum Moderator

I find with the quotes, people keep quoting the same stuff over and over and over and over and the thread gets stupidly long because of it, especially if it's pics and the same batch of pics is on the same page 5 times.

I don't see about adding the post? At the bottom of each thread is a Quick Reply box with a Submit and Full Editor button, and there is also a black button on the left below the last post and above the first post with white letters and a blue cross for Post Reply.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:38 pm 
Forum Moderator

+1 with Tim. I would prefer if people wouldn't re-quote entire posts, especially if they're long. Re-quoting a specific sentence or two to make a direct point on a reply makes more sense, at least to me. Everyone can read the thread and figure out most responses usually w/o re-quoting. It makes the entire thread much longer as Tim stated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:52 pm 
Forum Moderator

taz575 wrote: "I find with the quotes, people keep quoting the same stuff over and over and over and over and the thread gets stupidly long because of it, especially if it's pics and the same batch of pics is on the same page 5 times."

IT'S INFURIATING!Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:41 pm 

"I find with the quotes, people keep quoting the same stuff over and over and over and over and the thread gets stupidly long because of it, especially if it's pics and the same batch of pics is on the same page 5 times.

I don't see about adding the post? At the bottom of each thread is a Quick Reply box with a Submit and Full Editor button, and there is also a black button on the left below the last post and above the first post with white letters and a blue cross for Post Reply."

"+1 with Tim. I would prefer if people wouldn't re-quote entire posts, especially if they're long. Re-quoting a specific sentence or two to make a direct point on a reply makes more sense, at least to me. Everyone can read the thread and figure out most responses usually w/o re-quoting. It makes the entire thread much longer as Tim stated."

"taz575 wrote: "I find with the quotes, people keep quoting the same stuff over and over and over and over and the thread gets stupidly long because of it, especially if it's pics and the same batch of pics is on the same page 5 times."

IT'S INFURIATING!Image"

+1 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 pm 

It irritates me when post whores dig up old post just to up their post count. :evil:

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next