It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: WANtED Richmond Fantic ONE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 pm 

IS there anyone out there who has a first generation Fanatic for sale. I love using my CCK at work but I need to use stainless. Tried the Fanatic 2 did not like the flat profile The curve is much more practical .

Post subject: Re: WANtED Richmond Fantic ONE
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:14 am 
Forum Moderator

HHhmmmm.... I've got one, and I don't use it very often. I can see letting it go for the right price. It's got a 10 degree bevel on both sides BTW, and I've shaved with it before, got the video to prove it! lol :D

I look at it on the top magnetic strip (I've got a few) and it has a nice place... but you know what, I got my fun out of it. I'll sell you mine. Phew.... never thought I'd do this, this is going to be the first knife I've ever sold, but hey, gotta start sometime, I'm running out of space! ;)

Send me a private message, or email me at mrknifefanatic@yahoo.com and we'll work out the details.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, I am having them make another run of the thin fanatic shortly. I should have more in a couple weeks.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:43 am 

I got Shaun's Fanatic and absolutely love it . I have read alot of people say they like a flatter profile with a cleaver but I disagree. When you are chopping with front part of the cleaver for stuff like onions for example I feel you naturally hold at an angle thus the curve goes with that and the front part of the cleaver is flat. If you cutting tougher stuff like carrots I tend to use the back of the knife and the curve helps with making the back half of the knife flat, or If I am rock chopping the curve helps with that too. A gyuto has a natural curve just like the cleaver but is a bit different thus giving you more/different options. I can't really explain it to well in words and I not tech savvy enough to make a video to explain it

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]