It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Richmond Knives Artifex 210mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 am 

Richmond Knives 210mm Gyuto

Astonishing. Don't think about it. Don't hesitate. Just get one. Make sure you order the saya that comes with it for a little extra.

“If one really wants to be master of an art, technical knowledge of it is not enough. One has to transcend technique so that the art becomes an ‘artless art’ growing out of the Unconscious.” Eugen Herrigel

Post subject: Re: Richmond Knives Artifex 210mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:46 pm 
Forum Moderator

I ordered my first saya and I find it indespensable, my blocks are full and this helps fill the gap. Peace btw order the knife anyway it's greatttt! Jmbullman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:38 am 

its more than a great knife. It's an American masterpiece.

“If one really wants to be master of an art, technical knowledge of it is not enough. One has to transcend technique so that the art becomes an ‘artless art’ growing out of the Unconscious.” Eugen Herrigel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm 
Forum Moderator

The 210 is a work of chopping, dicing, slicing art and the 240 is the Mona Lisa of addicts maybe one of the best all around knives of all time! No joke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 pm 

All of the above seconded. I picked this up after using almost exclusively German knives and the blade geometry instantly sets it above those, which tend to run on the thick side. Also, the edge retention is amazing for stainless; I was shocked when after prepping coq au vin, which had me chopping onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, and bacon, it was still shaving when all was said and done. Buying a 100 dollar Henckel or Wustohf is just plain silly when this knife costs 70 bucks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]