It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nubatama 6k bamboo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 pm 
Forum Moderator

Just acquired the stone and in my op which I don't know if it counts for much, I think it is the best 6k on the market today and well worth the money and i believe it's still cheaper than a 5k shapton and I love my shaptons at least most of them except for the 120gs just wasn't my mug of beer. The edge was shiny and left a very fine tooth, I tried it on cpm154, aeb-l and m390 and was not disappointed at all, with proper hydration and lite slurry it is in my kind the ultimate 6k and I commend mark and ken for bringing these to market, I had very little load up just swarf and it cleaned up nice with that small dmt mark sells for around 12 bucks. Before you consider a shapton and there's nothing wrong with those I still love and use mine, consider one of these I believe you will be pleasently surprised. Peace and prosperity to all, jmbullman

Post subject: Re: Nubatama 6k bamboo
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

Interesting I opted for the 5k over the 6k since the 5k is a tad softer and works very well with a slurry. Hmmm maybe I should test the 6k soon.

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 pm 
Forum Moderator

I would its I little harder but not so hard that it doesn't build up a slurry and cuts well with just plain water on the stone more of a final polish if u want but I prefer it rite off a lite slurry, it give it a fine tooth and good shine. Like I said unless the knife requires a higher grit I am stopping here it does a great job. Like I said just my op it doesn't count for to much, I like different than most anyway. Peace jmbullman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am 

I was just thinking of a 6k stone actually. I have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8k so instead of going to a 5k I am going to pick up a 6k.

(Although, I really should have the 5k too of course, one does need all of these stones after all)

Thank you for the review, I would say that your opinion does indeed count for quite a bit here, it holds a lot of weight.

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 am 
Forum Moderator

I am glad you like it and thanks for the complement. With the shaptons and choseras going sky high the nubatama line is going to be in my mind a great substitute if not upgrade just for cost purposes alone not to mention I think for the ones I have use their a better stone for shear speed of use and its less need of flattening for the higher grits and most of the lower grits. I will be testing a new j-nat that hasn't hit the market yet probably tomorrow so i will withhold the name of the stone untill tested and by what I can feel just with my hand its going to be the best middle grit before a jump to a higher and might be considered a finisher for most of us. I will hopefully conduct the test tomorrow and do a video of its cutting abilities. Stay tuned my friends this could be the best middle j -nat yet as far as a finisher or jumper is concerned and price isn't bad either. Peace and prosperity to all. Jmbullman

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]