It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Atoma 140 First Look
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:37 pm 

i bought the atoma 140 (full size, not EP size) awhile ago from Mark and just opened it for the first time last night. Amazing is all i can say. i had been flattening my stones with the DMT course. it was ok and flattening took longer than i would have liked. but the stiction was very frustrating. it was almost like it was glued to some stones.

not with the atoma. no sign of sticking at all. and it was fast. i flattened a GS 1k, SS 12k, and an ozuku asagi in short order. i should have acquired this a long time ago.

thanks

pat

Post subject: Re: Atoma 140 First Look
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad you like it Pat. I've slowly migrated over to the Atomas and we're using it exclusively for bevel setting and flattening at the office now.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 pm 

There have been many of us that wish we had the knowledge we have know and skipped over the DMT and bought the Atoma in the beginning.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:15 pm 

sometimes the least expensive route becomes the most expensive in the long run. i speak from experience on that one. i am slowly learning. this atoma is worth its weight in gold.

pat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:35 pm 

Thanks Pat. I debated when beginning my stone set recently--almost felt embarrassed as a relative beginner when I was leaning toward the atoma. After debate (it was not cheap) and help from others here I decided to go with the atoma rather than the DMT. Your post makes me feel so much better....thank you so much for writing this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:07 am 

LaVieestBelle wrote:Thanks Pat. I debated when beginning my stone set recently--almost felt embarrassed as a relative beginner when I was leaning toward the atoma. After debate (it was not cheap) and help from others here I decided to go with the atoma rather than the DMT. Your post makes me feel so much better....thank you so much for writing this.

Belle,

thank you for the kind words.

pat

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]