It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tojiro ITK 120mm Petty
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Product Id:Tojiro ITK Petty 120mm
Rating:5
Name:Kevin
Location (City, State):Columbia, MO
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/toitkshpe120.html
Review:I ordered two of these knives last year with the intention of keeping one for myself and giving the other to my grandma for Christmas. She’s an old country girl from the bootheel and I chose this knife because she had worn out her old paring knife. I sharpened the knife after it arrived and explained that she needed to carefully wash it by hand and dry the blade immediately to keep the blade from rusting and that she couldn’t use her glass cutting board with this knife or it would quickly lose its edge. She tells me every time I see her how well it slices and cuts. She really enjoys using this knife. I picked it up a week ago to sharpen it for her and to my surprise it would still barely shave arm hair. She had obviously taken very good care of the knife, but holding a shaving edge for 5 months is very impressive for a knife that is a fraction of the cost of most Japanese kitchen knives. I have been using mine in the kitchen as well and this little knife is a joy to use. This knife may not be perfect for professional chefs, but if you’re looking for a fantastic user in the kitchen, this knife is the Mora of kitchen knives.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Tojiro ITK 120mm Petty
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 am 

I also agree, a co-worker has the 210 gyuto and it help an edge for a decent time, he did beat the daylights out of it. I'm trying to get him into tsaking care of his knives :( Its so crazy seeing how others handle their knives!!!!

Drew Hostetler

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]