It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:58 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Life Of An Atoma 140
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:32 pm 

This question probably doesn't have an answer, but I was wondering how long the Atoma 140 will last. I use an EP, and just got one. Maybe it's life could be compared to the Shapton's or other stones?
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: The Life Of An Atoma 140
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:46 pm 

I know it says I can edit posts, but sure can't find it. I was also wondering about the correct use of the Atoma. I'm just assuming that slow and easy would be best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well I've flattened well over a thousand EP stones , probably 2 or 3k with mine and it's still going strong :) Use water, and clean out the stone mud frequently with a nail brush and water between stones and it just keeps going and going ........ A lot of pressure is unnecessary. And as with all diamond plates, initially it cuts super aggressively and then settles in for a more consistent but somewhat milder level of aggressiveness.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

Raibeaux - to edit your posts, go to "User Control Panel" at the top, select "Board Preferences", then set "My Language" to "British English". Real intuitive I know, but that will then allow post edits.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 pm 

Well, I'll be a brass billy goat! The British English thing worked. Thanks for the replies. I was really talking about how long the Atoma would last using it on knives, this time. Looks like it would be a long time. Any secrets to using it without eating up a knife? Any steels it shouldn't be used on?

Last edited by Raibeaux on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 pm 

Well, I tried. Got this message;
Something like, Warez it contains links to pirated software or some such.

Oops. Now it's working.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]