It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:30 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1200 atoma small slurry plate
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:33 pm 
Forum Moderator

I received a small atoma 1200 grit from ken Schwartz about the same time I got my j-nat Meara, I used it to make a slurry and discovered that unlike dmts the diamonds stayed on the plate basically making the slurry almost 100% stone, best thing I ever did instead of having a lower grit on a finishing stone all I had was finishing slurry. I tried it on my yagonoshima and my osuka asagi and found the same thing, the edges were crisper and when used to sharpen my razor, it cut the time down because I wasn't working through the rough stuff. I also tried this on shaptons gs and pros and same thing it made a world of difference. I know mark sells these and so does ken and take my word if your a big j-nat or shapton man it makes a difference in edge look and takes away the doubt that you have busted your ass on sharpening and used a low grit dmt and yes some of the grit comes off the dmt so before you get to the good stone you have to work through the rough stuff. Now if your a person who uses a dmt an rinses during a sharpening session some of the rough diamond is still imbedded in the stone where as the small 1200 atoma did not and I found no sticking problems useing the atoma 1200 compared to a lower grit dmt or nagura. It makes a difference and I will continue to use this and if you want to cut down time on a j-nat or shapton for that matter its well iworth the price. Mark and ken have these in the small cut down sizes. Just hoping to help fellow sharpeners and my tips have never left any one high and dry yet! Peace and prosperity to all and happy holidays to my Hanukkah be happy and everybody Christmas be merry. Everybody just get me the same thing as last yr and ill be content. Jmbullman

Post subject: Re: 1200 atoma small slurry plate
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 am 
Forum Moderator

BULLMAN <> I just picked up a small 600 from Ken to bridge from my 140 to 1200 while sharpening ceramics. Excited to see how it works!

Post subject: Re: 1200 atoma small slurry plate
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:02 am 
Forum Moderator

Please let me know, the 1200 is awesome on shapton 16,30000 shaptons I bet the other will do just as well. Please keep me in the loop! Jmbullman

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]