It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: >> Ken's Corner <<
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:14 pm 
Forum Moderator

I placed a small order with Ken yesterday for some product Mark no longer stocks, and I had the distinct pleasure of talking/exchanging/sharing/learning with Mr. Schwartz. Really a pleasure to speak with someone of whom after an hour you've brainstormed on topics from ceramic blade sharpening on diamond film to 60 hz noise filters to J-nats specifically for butchers cutting fatty meats to Japanese corporate family feuds and the list went on.

Lotsa fun, and I hope to do it again... THANKS KEN! :D

Post subject: Re: >> Ken's Corner <<
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:38 pm 

It's a good time talking with Ken, lots of good knowledge and fun conversation. Easy to burn up a hour or two talking stones and steel.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 am 
Forum Moderator

NO DOUBT! When I hung up - I looked at the call timer, and couldn't believe what I saw...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 am 
Forum Moderator

Last time I checked Ken and I had over 400 hours of skyoe time :D

He's the nutty professor :D

Belgian Sharpening
Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:40 am 
Forum Moderator

Where's that blush icon? :)

Thank you for such kind words!!

Of course the pleasure is mutual. Sharpening is my passion and speaking to people who want to learn and share this passion is my favorite activity. And most certainly the learning goes both ways, better understanding what my customers (and Mark's) need. I do spend a good bit of time supporting the products I sell through Mark on his site, including answering questions on this forum and (whenever I can) directing people from other forums to Mark's site. One example of this is the videos for the Nubatama Synthetic waterstones. I'll be putting more effort into natural stone videos too and introducing new products too.

I truly encourage personal interaction with my customers, so if you have a question, send me a PM or ask it on the forum. I'll be glad to respond. Don't be shy!

---
Ken

I'm also a late night person and welcome calls anytime, so I look forward to our next conversation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:27 am 

I'd like to join the group of folks thanking Ken for his help. I believe his expertise and eagerness to help others has been a huge factor in my ability to get my knives to the next level of "sharp". The only person who can validate this is my son. He has known how sharp I get knives for a couple of years. He is busier than me and once in a while I offer to sharpen his knives. A couple of weeks ago I sharpened his EDC knife. When I gave it back to him he immediately touched the edge and his reaction showed that the edge was far sharper than what he was expecting. He is the only one I deal with in person who would recognize the difference. The improvement over about a 4 month period is largely the result of Ken's help.

So, thank you Ken.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm 
Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]