It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deburring block as polisher
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

I have the felt deburring block. I saw this statement in one of your strop paste adds.

"Use the Hard Felt Deburring Block to polish the scratches and scuffs out of the face of your knives".

Is this recommending the paste be applied to the felt block and then cut into it deep enough to remove a burr and polish the edge bevel? Or do you just rub the entire side of the blade with the block after applying the paste to it?

Thanks for any help.

Jack

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Deburring block as polisher
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jack,

A few of our customers will apply CO paste to one side of the block and then use it to polish up their blades. It's laborious work since the paste is fine and if there are descent scratches you won't be able to buff them out but it does work. I don't usually polish my kitchen knives. They get messed up through use too much so it's a losing battle.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Deburring block as polisher
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm 

A softer version of the hard felt used in deburring blocks is what is used in those buffing wheels for bench grinders and dremel tools that get rubbed in compound. So it is the same idea--coat it in compound, and rub away at the side of the knife to polish it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]