It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: konosuke hd 240 mm
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 am 

ok guys I'm having trouble, made the switch to japanese steel and love it but... I cant get the OOTB edge when going free hand on the whetstones. Im using 1k 3k and 5k chosera stones. Im semi new to hand sharpening and going up and down with thumbs barely touching stone. Am I attacking at wrong angle or should I start with heavier grit? bevels off? I get a bur seems more from pushing with handle in left hand but when I switch I feel like Im not getting enough (I'm left handed). I do the debur between grits and I'm cutting paper with it but the cut is not as clean feeling as it was . getting hung up alittle in center of onion and such and not that near silent going through carrots root veg ect.. I love this knife and know it can be so much better. any help is much appreciated. thank you.

Post subject: Re: konosuke hd 240 mm
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 am 
Forum Moderator

35 <> If you're new to freehand sharpening and you are achieving poor results, odds are you need experience. It shouldn't be difficult acquire a bunch of dull knives to practice on...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]