It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Customer Service at it's Finest!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:10 am 

It's no secret that Matt does amazing work, but what's even more impressive is his level of customer service.

My recent experience... Matt was pretty busy with orders when I originally contacted him. Yet, he always found time to reply within 24hrs. We e-mailed back and forth working out the details. Once we had the details hammered out I sent him the knife for one of his custom Handles. In less than a week I had pictures in my inbox of the nearly completed handle(just needed a finish polishing) and to be attached pending my approval. I was shocked, less than a week turn around for another master piece!

When I received the knife the handle didn't quite have the choil to handle spacing I had requested. In all honesty, this was partially my fault. I had included the spacing on the instructions with the knife, but we hadn't discussed this aspect when we were working out the details through e-mails. My penmanship isn't the greatest. In any case, I sent Matt an e-mail and this is were he gained a my utmost respect and a return customer. That same night I had an e-mail for Matt wanting to make it right. He offered to correct the spacing or a significant refund. I didn't want to take a chance messing up a custom handle moving it myself so I opted to send it back for him to correct.

At the point that I sent it to back to Matt for spacing correction he was even more busy. I believe, booked almost 2 months in advance with work. I wasn't in a rush and let him know that he could get to it whenever he had time. Well... he found time right away. From the time he received it to back in my hands was less than a week. Fixed, shipped and at my door in less than a week when he has plenty of other projects on hand... wow! As expected the spacing is now exactly where I wanted it!

We all make mistakes, heck, we're only human. I'm at least partly to blame here as I didn't include the correct spacing in our e-mails. Yet, the speed at which Matt replied and corrected it has left me greatly impressed. Not only is Matt an artist that does amazing work, but also a truely stand up guy. I am very pleased with the whole experience and had to do a little write up of his excellent customer service. I am looking forward to commissioning him for future custom handles. Well... that is if he is willing to deal with me. I can be one of "those" customers ;).

Thanks you Matt from another happy customer!

Post subject: Re: Customer Service at it's Finest!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:31 am 

Mark - I assure you, you are not one of "those" customers...haha! Thank you for the great review, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:17 pm 

Matt is a true professional and a man of his word, coupled with the fact that he is, hands down, one of the best handle makers working in the business today! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:04 pm 

I recently had Matt put a handle on my Richmond AS 270MM Suji. I bought it without a handle.
Matt corresponded with me every step of the way. And he would not ship it to me until he was certain I was completely satisfied.
He has a great eye for combining eye catching handle materials.
He is a true craftsman, and delivers excellent customer service.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:22 am 

just wanna thank Matt for the great job and excellent service.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]