1. Are you right handed? I think intended recipient is
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..) Gyuto
3. What size knife are you looking for? 210 - 230
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? Stainless is probably better
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? Japanese
6. How much did you want to spend? Preferably 100 or under
7. Do you know how to sharpen? I don't think he does, but he may want to learn
So my friend was admiring the Goko Damascus Gyuto I got on sale here a few months back. He wanted to get one for his brother as a present, but I noticed I couldn't find it on the site anymore. He mainly likes the Damascus grain pattern, so pretty much any decent quality cutter fitting that description should work. I don't know his exact needs, so I'm assuming lower maintenance is better. But if there's a carbon that fits the bill that might work. Thanks!