I have recently purchased my first actually nice knife with the Yamashin white #1 210 mm gyuto. I absolutely love it so naturally I already want to add some more. I would really like to add a knife to my collection that could help me with bones, right now most specifically fish and chicken. It wouldn't hurt to be able to bust out some prep with it as well. Mostly will use in a restaurant setting, and at home.
1. Are you right handed?
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..)
Something good for chicken bones and fish bones
3. What size knife are you looking for?
I am open to suggestions.
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel?
I can go either really. I'm learning as I go.
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle?
6. How much did you want to spend?
I'm still new to the knife game so nothing crazy expensive.
7. Do you know how to sharpen?
Pretty awful in this area. One step at a time.