It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kajihara Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 pm 

Does anybody own or every used Kajihara Damascus 240mm Gyuto? any reviews or videos whould be greatly appreciated . Ive wacthed the video review for the 210 model was just wondering the defferences betwween the two

Post subject: Re: Kajihara Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 pm 

I was thinking about getting one for having an all carbon in my collection. The grinds are probably both very much the same. Of course hand made knives all vary. It seems like it's a knife that you should purchase if you want something in between workhorse and laser.

It'd be great if you'd purchase one and give us a review :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:16 pm 

Estayton wrote this review of his 210mm: kajihara-damascus-210mm-gyuto-t4953.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 pm 

Yes, and I'm going to try to update that soon with longer-term impressions, as that was mostly a first-impressions post. The short version is it is a very good knife in 210. I like the profile and the weight, and after getting used to it I really don't notice until I pick up something significantly lighter. Do I miss the extra 30mm? Only occasionally. I made the choice because the 240 is listed at over 1/2 lb, which seemed a little weightier than I would want.

The grind is very smooth and the only issue I've had is with horizontal cuts on onions, which feel a bit awkward. It flies through but it does lift your fingers quite a bit in the process. I'm a big fan and I'd say the 240 is probably just as good as the 210 if you want the extra length. Just note that it is no featherweight.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]