It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:45 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for a Kiritsuke
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Mark,

Sorry again for all the questions - I'm just trying to get everything figured out so I can buy the "right" knife for me. Is there a way we can special order a knife that fits these priorities?

1.) Single-bevel, 270mm in length (sharper and easier to perform katsuramuki)

2.) Steel that is easy to sharpen and will hold an edge

3.) Octagonal shaped handle (like the one I saw on the special order Suisin on your website)

4.) Handle color in ebony if available, but if not -- this is not my #1 top priority

5.) Around my $400 budget

Do you have any recommendations that fit these criteria? The knives my chef has (yanagi, deba, usuba, etc.) were custom-made by Aritsugu and one of his Kiritsuke knives is made by Nenohi.

Can you get a hold of a knife made by Nenohi (or Nenox as I've seen it online)? It seems that the Nenohi knives are lighter and single-sided at the same time.

Thank you again for your time and help,

Erica

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Looking for a Kiritsuke
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

We used to sell nenox but no one ever bought them because they were a bit over priced so we discontinued them.

I really like the Doi for you: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/do.html

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Looking for a Kiritsuke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 am 

+1 on the Doi. The only thing it's missing in your specs is the octagonal/ebony handle. This one is a D shaped, but one of the nicest stock D handles around. Katsuramuki should be a breeze.......

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]