It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:12 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fernandez or M390 Artifex
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
I am interested in a 210mm to 230mm chefs knife and came across two that I like. The Richmond Artifex M390 but would like to know to weight and what kind of steel it is. Is it AEB-L? I've heard good things about the lasers and wasn't sure if that knife is a laser or not.

I also like the Shaun Fernandez 230 gyuto in maple burl but also wanted to know about the weight. I particularly like to imperfections of the handle, will that model look identical to the picture?

Thanks for your help, I just want some more specs and your personal opinion of which is a better knife at $200.

Thanks,
Tim
Ps I bought a tojiro western deba and love it.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Fernandez or M390 Artifex
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the deba purchase. I'm glad you like it. :)

Try Shaun's knife. I like his design and he does gorgeous handles on them. I should have more coming after the weekend so check back and there will be several to choose from.
The cocobolo ones are in stock and they are not pictured for each one. The custom handles are so you should be getting what is in the photo.

My knife has really good and abrassion resistant steel so it's popular with steel fanatics that want to try M390.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]