It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:55 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Order Update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm 
Forum Moderator

Well, I was hoping not to have to do this, but I need to close my order list again. I got hit with Poison Sumac last week and any wood work is highly irritating, even woods I am usually not allergic to. I had a small reaction to some Mahogany a couple weeks ago, and then while hunting, got exposed to Poison Sumac last week. I thought I had both under control, but it blew up a couple days ago and may takes a few weeks to recover. My whole face, neck, arms, hands, and some other areas are broken out. I have 2 for ChipB, 1 for Luke, 2 for CKTG and 1 for Mike Immerman in the works that I will finish up and I am holding off on taking any other orders currently. It will take a few weeks for the poison sumac to clear up, which dumps me into the Holiday season (gotta clean the house for relatives) and also the cold weather where it is too cold to work in the shop. They are predicting temps down into the 20's for the next few nights here already; I usually can work into mid December, but with the Poison Sumac and the cold snap recently, I don't know how much more I can get done this year. I will finish the stuff I have here, but will need to hold off on any other orders. I will update this post if anything changes. I was hoping to get to everyone who contacted me via PM's over the past few months and be able to knock out handles during my hunting vacation, but with the Poison Sumac, that plan got put on hold indefinitely. Not sure how much hunting I will get to do either since I am constantly itchy and I got it all over my hunting clothes, too.

Post subject: Re: Order Update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:18 pm 

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hope you heal fast and can back to making your world class handles :)

Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:22 pm 
Forum Moderator

Thanks. Last night sucked; I did some handle work in the morning, washed up well afterwards and was itchy and burning most of the night. It seems the Poison Sumac rash doesn't like wood dust :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:40 pm 

That sucks Tim! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:40 pm 

Sounds awful Tim. Missing out on the season especially, I'm sure you look forward to that all year. Hope you get better soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:52 pm 

Oh man that's a bitch. I'm super allergic to poison sumac and poison ivy so I know how much it sucks. Feel better!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:11 pm 

Get well soon Tim.
Aloha!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:25 pm 

Nothing is more important than health Tim. Get better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:41 pm 

That sucks Tim, take care of yourself and be well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 pm 

Tim, very sorry to hear that. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Far more important than knife handles (even your great work)!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next