It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:14 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: customer requests
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 am 

So I was thinking about the earlier greenhorn post and thought it could apply to strangest customer requests. Curious to see where this goes but I'll start with a few ive had to live through

Chicken Caesar salad, no chx sub MR burger

MR sirloin with "all the blood cooked out of it"

Steak and shrimp add melted american cheese to shrimp... this particular customer also used an entire bottle of ketchup

Asiago flatbread pizza, no crust sub garlic mashed potato

Beer drinking customers complaining about gluten free options

Tomato allergy no tom quesadilla no pico sub extra salsa

My personal favorite, OH MY GOD THERES ONION IN YOUR ONION RINGS!!!

Post subject: Re: customer requests
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 am 

NY Strip Pittsburgh Medium (Still don't know)
Whipped potatoes, no dairy.
Half egg white half egg beater omelet
Egg white omelet, then add bacon, ham sausage and cheddar kind of defeats the purpose off egg whites lol

There's more if I think of them

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:16 am 

On a buffet line, recent.

"I have to be very careful about gluten. I don't eat any at all."
"Ah. In that case, make sure you avoid that sauce."
"What? You put wheat in your dips?!?"
"Uh... no, ma'am. It has Worcestershire and soy sauce in-"
"Oh, that's fine."

I though about teaching her the brows acronym, then decided against cursing some other poor chef down the line.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:20 am 

while bartending

had customer order and drink 4 baileys irish cream and coke. (mixed together in a glass)

While bartending

Served a nice couple for about an hour or two. Guy pulls out cell phone shows me a picture of his girl topless and asks me "what do you think of her t*ts". She is sitting right next to him. She acts perfectly normal about it and they wait for my response. I say, "that's a great picture" They drink more and the picture comes out 2 more times.

El

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:19 am 

How do you make mashed potatoes without dairy? And what the heck is Pittsburgh medium? I've never heard of that one before lol

As a customer, the only special requests I make is no bun for my burger please and if my entree comes with a potato I'd like veggies instead. Sometimes depending on what I order I'll ask for a side of hot wing sauce. I lived off hot wing sauce and Kimchi (not together) during my last pregnancy and it kinda stuck around lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 am 
Forum Moderator

EL <> Ummm... WHY ARE YOU OMITTING THE PART OF THE STORY WHERE YOU ACCEPTED THEIR INVITATION, ENGAGED THEIR CONVERSATION WHILE EMPLOYING AS MUCH SEXUAL INNUENDO & WITTY DOUBLE ENTENDRE AS YOU COULD MUSTER, AND THEN WENT TO THEIR PLACE TO DOUBLE UP.?! :x Or are you embarrassed that he was the type that just wanted to watch you two.?! ;)

ERILYN <> You substitute another fat for the butter & cream. A clean extra-virgin olive oil (of which I very rarely use) or butter substitute like Earth's Balance & then almond mylk works very well.

"Pittsburg-medium" is an ignorant phrasing for charred-medium.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 am 

For mashed potatoes without dairy, I would use stock and oil as a quick fix. Maybe eggs if I had longer, a sort of bastardized Duchesse. Not something to be done on the fly. Pittsburgh medium I would assume to be a steak that's charred outside, medium inside. I've never heard it before.

This brings back club days. Any salad, chopped and/or tossed, always hurts. We assemble salads a specific way for a reason.

Double chop steak. I'd forgotten those. Everyone else at the table is eating a $50+ steak and someone want two hamburgers mashed together.

Edit: Melampus posted my explanations out from under me! Second place is only first loser for culinary explanations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 am 

I probably would have figured the potatoes out had I thought about it more but I'm going to blame "toddler fatigue syndrome" on that blonde moment lol.

Pittsburgh medium I wouldn't have figured out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:32 am 
Forum Moderator

http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/what-was-the-most-bizarre-request-you-got-as-a-chef-t2439.html?hilit=requests <--earlier link

LEPUS <> Sorry to had beat you by a minute. :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 am 

Thanks, mel, for reposting the thread, it was an entertaining read. My apologies for making a new thread that was covered weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next