It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:49 am 
Forum Moderator

Gotdamn, am I the only one getting crushed.?! Too busy...

Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 am 

Is this at the same place as the armed guards? Please give the college coeds a big ol kiss for me. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 pm 

No one comes to my area for spring break... Too cold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Yes! We're too damn busy all the time now. It's annoying. We just hired another part timer.

We're also looking into a bigger space. We're busting out of this one.

I'm seriously thinking about making some changes that will make life easier for us. Ditching custom orders. Cutting way back with sayas (they're a total pain in the ass) and ditching small suppliers that can't get us product in a timely manner. Also, we're going to basically gut most of the mainstream stuff and get out of slow selling stuff.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:31 pm 

I figured it would only be a matter of time before that would happen but that is the business. Why offer what the box stores have for the same price as the box stores? Especially when you have a great following and plenty of people to recommend what you do carry! Especially when you have so many of your own house lines.

Which reminds me, need to order an AEB-L Sab profile for a coworker :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm 

I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:58 pm 

To Marks point about how busy he is...in my experience being very busy is often a catalyst for change, specifically streamlining for efficiency and cost savings, whether it be food service, manufacturing or retail. To paraphrase a line from The Graduate: "I have one word for you...Kaizen."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 pm 

Goldberg2363 wrote:I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.

So your front of house doesn't understand a slight stagger. Beat them! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm 

Panko wrote:
Goldberg2363 wrote:I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.

So your front of house doesn't understand a slight stagger. Beat them! :)

We try. They are slowly getting that if they seat 100 people all at once and they all order appetizers and entrees at once we are going to be way backed up and the food is going to take a long time to get out. There are only so many burners and only so much room in the oven...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:Yes! We're too damn busy all the time now. It's annoying. We just hired another part timer.

We're also looking into a bigger space. We're busting out of this one.

I'm seriously thinking about making some changes that will make life easier for us. Ditching custom orders. Cutting way back with sayas (they're a total pain in the ass) and ditching small suppliers that can't get us product in a timely manner. Also, we're going to basically gut most of the mainstream stuff and get out of slow selling stuff.

I would say yes in most cases. But this is what might attract customers to your store.

All I can say is, if something ain't broke, don't fix it. You have a good thing going, change it and risk the consequence/reap the rewards

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next