It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!





 Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:49 am 
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm
Posts: 3685
Location: USA... mostly.
Gotdamn, am I the only one getting crushed.?! Too busy...



_________________
Embracing the silence amid a life and land full of static...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 am 

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm
Posts: 404
Location: ATL
Is this at the same place as the armed guards? Please give the college coeds a big ol kiss for me. :)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 297
No one comes to my area for spring break... Too cold.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 pm
Posts: 7577
Location: Madison Wisconsin
Yes! We're too damn busy all the time now. It's annoying. We just hired another part timer.

We're also looking into a bigger space. We're busting out of this one.

I'm seriously thinking about making some changes that will make life easier for us. Ditching custom orders. Cutting way back with sayas (they're a total pain in the ass) and ditching small suppliers that can't get us product in a timely manner. Also, we're going to basically gut most of the mainstream stuff and get out of slow selling stuff.



_________________
Mark Richmond
Chefknivestogo

Chefknivestogo Blog
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:31 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 297
I figured it would only be a matter of time before that would happen but that is the business. Why offer what the box stores have for the same price as the box stores? Especially when you have a great following and plenty of people to recommend what you do carry! Especially when you have so many of your own house lines.

Which reminds me, need to order an AEB-L Sab profile for a coworker :D


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:17 am
Posts: 16
I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:42 pm
Posts: 109
Location: Boston, MA
To Marks point about how busy he is...in my experience being very busy is often a catalyst for change, specifically streamlining for efficiency and cost savings, whether it be food service, manufacturing or retail. To paraphrase a line from The Graduate: "I have one word for you...Kaizen."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 pm 

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 297
Goldberg2363 wrote:I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.

So your front of house doesn't understand a slight stagger. Beat them! :)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:17 am
Posts: 16
Panko wrote:
Goldberg2363 wrote:I feel you. I live in a resort town where right now (and most of winter) there are more visitors then locals. Mondays are just as busy as Fridays and Saturdays. No easy nights. To make things worse they just started doing reservations and the entire restaurant gets seated at the same time and they all order at the same time then all leave at the same time and it starts again. I'll miss it when the end of April rolls around and we are dead every night.

So your front of house doesn't understand a slight stagger. Beat them! :)


We try. They are slowly getting that if they seat 100 people all at once and they all order appetizers and entrees at once we are going to be way backed up and the food is going to take a long time to get out. There are only so many burners and only so much room in the oven...


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >> Spring Break <<
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:01 pm 

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 am
Posts: 649
chefknivestogo wrote:Yes! We're too damn busy all the time now. It's annoying. We just hired another part timer.

We're also looking into a bigger space. We're busting out of this one.

I'm seriously thinking about making some changes that will make life easier for us. Ditching custom orders. Cutting way back with sayas (they're a total pain in the ass) and ditching small suppliers that can't get us product in a timely manner. Also, we're going to basically gut most of the mainstream stuff and get out of slow selling stuff.



I would say yes in most cases. But this is what might attract customers to your store.

All I can say is, if something ain't broke, don't fix it. You have a good thing going, change it and risk the consequence/reap the rewards


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


suspicion-preferred