It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:07 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Ideas for blog wanted.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

I need some suggestions for using our blog better (and I wouldn't mind some help if you are so inclined).

What kind of content should we be putting there?

Chefknivestogo New Arrivals

Post subject: Re: Ideas for blog wanted.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:00 pm 

Mark,

Your business is about Kitchen Knives and related supplies so topics of interest might include; The blacksmith industry and current active blacksmiths, traditional and current steel/metal alloys, and sharpening stone characteristics.

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:18 am 

I would suggest more of a photo/video blog. That way you could duplicate the posts to twitter, instagram, facebook and youtube.

Perhaps even check out the local universities to see if you can create a social marketing internship job for credits. That way the students is getting work experience and college credits and your are getting a full time person handling all of your social networking.

Blogs are ok if you constantly have a stream of thought or relative information to share with the public frequently. Not all companies/professions have that though.

A bi-monthly status update posted to blog and forum would probably be sufficient to transmit anything going on at CKTG to your consumer community.

However a social networking multimedia campaign that offers news,updates plus a look behind the scenes of the company, knives, sharpening, the people of CKTG would probably attract a larger customer base. A lot of independent US knife makers have strong following on youtube and instagram.

And if you get an intern you can even bring them along on trips overseas if you time everything right and get the entire trip documented.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 pm 

The only time I signed up for a social media site was to know when a European rifle of limited availability was
being shipped to a regional supplier. Facebook. And, yes, there was a lot of chatter and questions for the retailer.
My own experience was that I was glad when this quest was over. I quickly ended ever signing into facebook again.
Forums are about my limit for social media, then again this is a personal preference and to some degree related
to my demographic...oldster. I'm a little surprised that there are not more replies to your inquiry. I had to look
for the "blog" on the home page to even know that there was one. Behind the scenes stories might get my interest.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:42 pm 

Mark, it's just my opinion, but, unless you are going to be posting almost daily, a monthly newsletter would benefit CKTG better. I'm talking about a multi-topic publication with topics and articles ranging from interviews with blacksmiths, stone vendors, and professional chefs, new products coming to CKTG in the future, sales and closeouts, tips for sharpening and upkeep, a kitchen related article, and a feature about one product or product line that is more in depth than the item pages. Some of the information may come from this forum, some may be redundant over a period of time, but it will be packaged in an organized, archived and listed format that will appeal to those who don't visit the store or forum every day. You can ask for guest writers to submit articles for inclusion and have the whole newsletter edited by someone experienced with copywriting for continuity.

This is an example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.cigar.com/catalog/index.asp
Their archive of past issues are at the bottom. The cigar market is constantly changing at a rapid pace, so they always have new products to feature bi-monthly. They recycle certain articles pertaining to storing cigars in the fall and spring, so you can do something similar with maintenance and upkeep or sharpening.

(And yes, part of the reasoning for my username is because I enjoy my cigars and smoking BBQ, sometimes concurrently.)

"Our survey shows 43% of men would rather eat bacon than have sex." -Jon Taffer
Apparently "both" was not an option.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:38 pm 

I would like to see some pictures and articles of Sue dragging you into the closet and abusing you for putting more work off on her. Image
Maybe girls sitting on sports cars in bikinis holding the newest products. Image OK, I'm not being productive here, I'll go away now! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:57 pm 

Smokie's idea is an interesting one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:59 pm 

cedarhouse wrote:Smokie's idea is an interesting one.

------------
I like it allot too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm 

I would watch out for calling it a "monthly" newsletter, as you would still be defining a time period.

The key is getting more in depth content, such as:

Interviews with knife makers, sharpeners, chefs, even customers like us! Many photos please.

"Expert" articles on steels, sharpening, handles, various cuisines, etc.

Esoteric but handy subjects like storage, maintenance, repair, etc.

Even historic content can be interesting if not overdone.

There is an absolute vacuum of good info on Japanese natural stones. Of course, this would mean you would have to stock more :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:19 pm 

Airguns of Arizona has a very good web site with links to blogs and videos reviewing products, competitions, and hunting trips.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com

Take a look around this site and it's links to blogs.

Jack

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next