It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: >> Ultimate Edge Deluxe Knife Bag 18 Pocket <<
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:36 am 
Forum Moderator

I've never carried a knife roll ever in my long career; always opting for a tool box like this...

Image ...for when I was toting gear from kitchen to kitchen, running to catering events, doing private parties, etc. I like the bulk, sturdiness, space & protection it affords.

I just bought the Ultimate Edge Deluxe 18 Pocket Knife Bag <--link as a birthday gift for a buddy of mine, and damn... I gotta admit I now want one. I haven't opened it up all the way because I don't want to upset the packaging, but it just screams durable. It really looks to be a heavy-duty & efficient solution to our common chore of toting kitchen tools around.

Post subject: Re: >> Ultimate Edge Deluxe Knife Bag 18 Pocket <<
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:49 am 

Love when something from another field is used for a completely different task. My field we use take out containers and prescription pill bottles for organization, freebies.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:04 am 

A coworker has one. I can confirm, Mel, it's incredibly durable and efficient. It has lots of room for knives and whatever else. They're real winners. I've done the toolbox before, but I managed to get my day to day kit small enough to fit in an eight slot roll for carrying comfort.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:12 am 

The ultimate edge knife bag is great ive had mine for three years amd its still going strong

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:10 pm 
Forum Moderator

Mel, the two Chef's I work for occasionally doing underground dinners have these and beat the snot out of them - they have held up well. They also hold a much larger amount of kit than a roll type case.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:34 pm 

Those bags are the bomb Mel. You can really pack them out. I have a benriner mandoline in mine, it will hold that even when it is filled with knives, tongs, spatulas, peelers and everything else you can think of. I recently consolidated my kit into an 8 piece so I don't carry it all that much anymore. It could hold too much, lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:32 pm 

Fantastic design. Unlike a knife roll that has to be opened completely and takes up all your space, this bag is divided into 3 compartments for knife and utensil storage. This is the best feature making retrieval easy and trouble free. Also the length of this case will hold 300mm knives with sayas. Shoulder straps rock. Worth the extra $30 compared to other cases that are not as expansive.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:57 am 

Yeah, I got one of these recently and can confirm that it's the best "knife roll" I've used.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:03 am 

I'll say it is awesome. I had a longer post I was typing up but my laptop ate it :(

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:44 am 

Ive had mine close to a year now, one of my former coworkers ha a koobie kit so i was able to compare them. Was very happy I got this one instead.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next