It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:10 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Website improvements.
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mark

I've been using your website a lot recently and have enjoyed browsing all the amazing knives you have available. I just wanted to send over a few things I think would improve my experience

* Logging in - it would be great to be able to create an account with your website so I don't have to re-enter my payment/shipping details

* Notification of restocking - currently this is a case of entering my email address on the product page, if I had an account, I could have a page to manage the items I would like to be notified of

* New stock - it would be great to be emailed about new stock arriving as soon as it happens so I can find out about the latest and shiniest and not miss out on the rare konosuke stock!

* In stock - on the website when I'm browsing it would be great to be able to show me all the knives you currently have in stock. This way I avoid disappointment when I'm browsing, find something I like, and then realise it's not in stock

* Price range - if I could specify my price range and be shown all the knives you have in stock it would help me discover alternatives if the knife I was after wasn't available

I hope you take these comments constructively as they were intended. I have already had a great customer experience but these were the things I think would make it even better. I'm sure I will be bringing my business to you again

All the best
Jason

Chefknivestogo New Arrivals

Post subject: Re: Website improvements.
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Jason.

I appreciate it and I'm glad you like the site enough to comment about it.

We are about to fix one of the problems you list. We'll have the out of stock show on the section page thumbnails so you will easily be able to view all the gyutos for example, and see which ones are out of stock without drilling down into the item pages. We used to have this feature but it got deleted when we upgraded the site last year.

We do have advanced search where you can specify the knife type and the price range here: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/ksearch.h ... knivestogo

We don't have email notifications for all new arrivals but we do have the new arrivals page and we update that as I put stuff on almost every day. I'm sure you've seen it: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html

We tried having user accounts but it actually confused people and our sales went down since they thought they had to open an account before purchasing and we also go complaints about us keeping their information so we ditched it about 2 years ago. Maybe a better designed feature like this would work better. I know I like it that Amazon keeps my info so I don't have to enter it every time I buy something.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:20 pm 

Jason,
We use a free app called Dashlane. Automatically, passwords and personal id information get inserted where needed. The downside is that it makes ordering on line too easy! Maybe that's why my wife has done something to my pc and left me with hunt and peck on the iPad!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:21 pm 

Some websites let you register a user account if you like or you can checkout as a guest. Maybe an option like this would satisfy both sides.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 pm 

Hi I'm the Jason that emailed. :)

Yeah the user account should be optional and is intended to provide extra functionality to return customers and for me to maybe build up a wish list/short list of potential buys. And you would have visibility of the kind of knives people are interested in, so could potentially notify them when stock arrives for them.

Advanced search I didn't know about, but I do now!

Email updates - works well for me as I get email notifications on my phone/computer so you'd easily tempt me if these appeared in my inbox when new stock arrives. I do check your arrivals page but I feel a bit guilty when I check too regularly.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Jason. I'll do my best to improve the site and take all your disposable income. (that's a joke....)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:50 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:Welcome Jason. I'll do my best to improve the site and take all your disposable income. (that's a joke....)

Then can I have all my money back! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:28 pm 

I am surprised at the decline in sales as a result of user accounts. Now, except from CKTG, I cant think of a site that does not have an account option. I dont doubt it, just surprised it resulted in a decrease in sales.

Welcome Jason! I hope you stick around and use the forum. Great group of guys.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]