It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Takagi Honyaki 240mm pass around.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 pm 

I see in the other passaround thread from Mark that there is interest in a Takagi Honyaki. I have a gyuto in 240 from Takagi, if there is enough interest, I could offer mine for that pass around.

Post subject: Re: Takagi Honyaki 240mm pass around.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:53 pm 

I would be interested, though admittedly it is way out of spec for me....too short.

I should say though, I have been a massive beneficiary of everyone's kindness with these pass arounds, I would not want to jump in if I would take someone's spot that has interest in this knife beyond just broadening my horizons.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:34 pm 

The reason it is listed on the classifieds here is because it is too short for my taste.

Good knife though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 pm 

Short, but the HT and steel are pretty awesome. I think Kramer references it on his website.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 pm 

I'm definitely interested :) PM me if you'd like to try a trade if the pass around doesn't work out.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 am 

Definitely interested. It does seem short, but the profile seems awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:20 am 

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to give it a whirl. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 am 

Alright guys, PM me your info and we can kick this puppy off.

All the usual rules apply.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:06 pm 

So far I have heard from Cedar, Sharky, Jeff, and B.B.C. That should be enough to get rolling.

The list order for shipping is (at this time):
Sharkbite111
JeffB
Cedarhouse
B.B.C

The rules. (Nerfed from Lepus)

-This proposition is open to active members. A minimum of three months of activity, one hundred posts, and three posts in the past thirty days are required.
-Five individuals maximum may participate.
-Each participant may keep the knife one week.
-Each participant will be responsible for packaging and shipping with insurance for the retail value of the knife to the next participant, usually for $10-$20. I would appreciate a tracking number, as well, but it's mostly for the next participant and not so much for me.
-Each participant will PM both myself and the next participant at the time of shipping.
-Each participant may strop or refinish the edge as needed, but may not modify the grind on the knife.
-Unless you can watch it like a hawk, try to limit experience to home use.
-I will coordinate the event.

Most important for my trust in humanity, maintain the integrity of both the box and the knife. People sometimes say they will treat something borrowed as if it were their own. Do not treat the knife like it's yours. Treat it like it's *mine*.

For Mark the pass around knives are a business asset. For me this knife is valuable private property that pertains to my profession. As such in the event there is any dispute, I reserve the right to conclude the event and request the knife shipped back to me or to a designated third party. I also reserve the right to modify the rules regarding this event unilaterally as I desire at any point in any way I so choose.

I will try to get it mailed out today. I hope you folks enjoy using the knife. I think it would enjoy getting some use, haha.

Perhaps a Mod can shift this thread to the review section, as I'm sure the pass-around team will like to weigh in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:18 pm 

I would direly like to be part of this, but I'm about to go into The Dark Months and I somewhat doubt I would be able to get as much out of it. I'm looking forward to those reviews though!

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next