It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What's up with North Carolina?
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Sue asked me this question the other day. We get TONS of business from NC and more specifically the Nashville area. Mostly pro cooks but collectors too. You boys in NC like your knives!

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: What's up with North Carolina?
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
Forum Moderator

I don't know about Nashville? But in the surrounding Charlotte area we love them. Problem is people are buying them and asking me how to use them? How do u explain a whole knife progression over the phone. Espically a addict 1 James

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm 

I though Nashville was in Tennessee?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

It is unless their is a one light street in a town named Nashville around here I don't know about. Peace jmbullman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:50 am 

Representing NC here! Johnson & Wales is in Charlotte, could be a HUGEEEEE reason. Not only from students or alumni but the word that gets spread around charlotte about food is a lower grade of food network hype. So many home-cooks around here get into it really big hearing all about JWU.

Go NC!

Drew Hostetler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 pm 

I think he meant Asheville. It's become kind of a foodie destination with a lot of good restaurants and resorts, etc.
I also think a lot of Mark's business is coming from me!!! I've bought at least 5 knives and lots of sharpening gear from him since January. I couldn't be happier. Great products and great customer service to boot-not that I've really had a need for it.
Hey jmbullman, do you live in Charlotte? I do. Would love to meet you one day. PM me or PT or whatever it is here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 pm 

Raleigh boy here transplanted from Boston. Although I love it, I still can't understand why people keep asking me to park my car?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:30 pm 

Did ya'll know that the Triangle area is the busiest place in America for lunch between 12:00 and 1:00. Not kidding. Also did you guys hear about the four year culinary school they just built in Morrisville? As somone that would love to go to cooking school just for kicks, its nice to have that resource in my back yard. Maybe someday when i retire.

http://www.thechefsacademy.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:36 pm 

We should organize a North Carolina Knife Meet-up? Seriously, I'd host one. Maybe we could get Mr Richmond to come. I could host probably 15 maybe twenty people at my house. i live five minutes from the air-port. I'm a private chef and could through a little something together. I do this 48hr smoked meat brisket that is quite a crowd pleaser.

We could all bring some knife to pass around. Bullman could show us some sharpening tips. Maybe mark could do a give away (good one huh). What do you guys think?

I'm serious, maybe we could do something in August?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm 

Triangle here as well--transplant from Miami FL (originally) and Palo Alto CA.

Not a pro chef, though, by any means--just somebody who appreciates cooking and subscribes to a "the right tool for the job" philosophy.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next