It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thank you TAZ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:06 am 

For all of you that don't know TAZ is a is a forum member that has his own page under the knife and handle maker, listed as Tim Johnson He seems to specialize In handle making and knife clean up or repair. I recently purchased a knife from cktg and the fit and finish on it was below par. The handle appeared to be warped, there were significant tool marks on the blade, the edge was sub par etc. Some of this does not come as a shock to those who have purchased japanese knives and I was not overly concerned with the exception of the handle. There was a fairly large gap between the handle and the tang where the wood was curling. Tim offered to fix this problem for free. I sent him my knife late last week and I received it back today. Not only was the turnaround time superb but in addition to fixing the gap in the handle Tim fixed all the tool marks (no small feat if you saw the blade), acid etched, cleaned up the finish, sharpened the blade to an excellent level and shipped it back on his dime (hope I didn't forget anything). Since sending the blade to him I have reviewd his work on his page and discussed a custom handle with him. He has been receptive to my questions beyond expectations and I'm well on my way to having a new custom handle for my yuki.
So for anyone looking to have some custom work done I can not give Tim a high enough recommendation. It's rare in today's environment to find a vendor that goes above and beyond in both customer service and quality, but Tim has both. Thanks again Tim and I look forward to any dealings in the future.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Thank you TAZ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:38 am 

Taz has always been great with answering my questions too, I look forward to being able to send him my Gokos for some handle work!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:13 am 

Tim has done some work for me too and went above and beyond. He is one cool dude! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am 
Forum Moderator

Tim did some work for me too - a joint project for an exceedingly picky customer. Exceeded my expectations! Highest marks all the way around!

---
Ken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:55 pm 
Forum Moderator

Thanks guys! I really enjoy this work and doing the strange projects like this, it keeps me on my toes! Plus I get to check out TONS of different blades and I usually end up buying some of them!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Yes indeed Tim does excellent work. We've beed doing stuff for a couple years and I'm always happy with his work.

Also thanks for helping so much with the forum Tim. You've been a great help!

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

No problem Mark!! Thanks for helping to feed the addiction!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]