It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:34 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Knife idea/request to round out the Richmond line
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:58 am 

Hi all,

The following is a copy of the email that I sent to Mark, he suggested that I post it here so here we go.

I mostly us cleavers and love my Fanatic, however there are times that I reach for another knife which is a Kiwi Thai knife. It really cheap and dulls easily and everytime I use it I find myself thinking about if I could afford to take one of Carters knife making classes this is one of the knives I would want to make. i.e. better steel and slightly thicker. Today as I thought why not approach you as part of the Richmond line of knives. So anyway here's a couple of pics to see if you think that you could sell a few of these...of course I will get one, if the thickness is about the same as the Fanatic it would be cool, but probably not thicker since I will be purchasing the NO 6 cleaver when it comes out (its still coming right?). If by a longshot you agree to produce this knife I will be happy to trace it for you for the dimensions or send it to you, btw I found it on Amazon after watching a youtube video with it in it.

Sorry for the pic quality and I need to clean my knives better :D

If enough of us show interest we might see another addition to the Richmond product line...which I for one would be happy to see. Anyway here's a couple of pics one with the fanatic for size comparison.

Post subject: Re: Knife idea/request to round out the Richmond line
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:08 am 

While it is strange and exotic, I think this might be one of the kind of underground hits in the U.S. I find out constantly about people who have one and love it and have no clue what it is or why they like it, and have no interest in anything similar.

It's like the Garden State of knives.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:50 am 

I love it. I'm a tall large handed person, but enjoy using smaller utensils. I've been looking at the nakiri style knives and trying to find one that fits me. This might be what I'm looking for.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 am 

thats actually a very good suggestion. those knifes are very very popular around my area. As far as restuarant knives go, I would much rather use kiwi than crappy dexters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 am 

@burkecutlery I understand, I had a Maestro Wu similar similar designed version but sold it to a friend cause it had too much belly but I find this just right in the belly dept. I love the thinness of the knife but don't like the edge retention anthough it's easy to sharpen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 am 

MondoJ, I was corroborating what you said! It is a knife that nobody talks about much, but tons of people love. Like the Foo Fighters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm 
Forum Moderator

Haha, A Foo Fighters reference on a knife forum.... nice (I like Foo Fighters too) :D

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'm currently making a Thai Cleaver for someone. Interesting design. Guy said he loved the design, but wanted a better version. Steel, geometry, etc.

Should be done in the next few weeks.....at least that's what I'm telling myself. :)

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmmmmm

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Can anyone give me a link to where I could buy one of these? I think the first thing I should do is try it and see if I like the profile. It would be a unique item for the artifex line and it might be fun. I'll need more convincing that there is a market for it.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next