It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 33 [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Konosuke Updates
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:17 am 
Site Admin

I'm encouraging Kosuke to update all the Konosuke on this thread as he sees fit. Give him some encouragement if you want him to post here. :)

Chefknivestogo on Instagram

Post subject: Re: Konosuke Updates
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:30 am 
Forum Moderator

Great idea Mark. It would be awesome to hear from Kosuke directly about what is happening at Konosuke.

To add, I very much hope that they continue to produce at least some knives in the HD2 line. The HD2 240 Gyuto and 240 Funayuki/Gyuto are some of the most influential and revered "laser" style knives ever created.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:59 am 

I would love to see some knives in Shirogami #2 again. Konosuke's Shirogami knives were some of the best mono steel carbons you could get when available. Make no mistake though, anything with the Konosuke name on it is a very high quality knife, we just need more of them!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:44 am 
Site Admin

SteveG wrote:Great idea Mark. It would be awesome to hear from Kosuke-san directly about what is happening at Konosuke.

To add, I very much hope that they continue to produce at least some knives in the HD2 line. The HD2 240 Gyuto and 240 Funayuki/Gyuto are some of the most influential and revered "laser" style knives ever created.

His first name is Kosuke (pronounced KOS-KAY). If you wanted to use "san" you could say Kawamura-san since that's his last name. Kawamura-san is what most people in Japan would call him. Most guys is Japan that know English know we use first names predominantly so they often tell me to call them by their first name. This is the kind of riveting questions we should be asking him! :)

He just updated me on knives that are shipping in September. I'll let him share what's coming.

Chefknivestogo on Instagram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:59 am 
Forum Moderator

Thanks Mark. I was wondering about that when I added the "san". I fixed my initial post. My apologies to Kawamura-san.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 pm 

well, I am certainly interested. please enlighten us Kosuke!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm 

I am more than interested and would be pleased and excited to hear from the manufacturer of so many of my personally owned knives. This would be very exciting indeed. Of course any updates from Kawamura-san regarding Konosuke made knives would draw a thousand hits just from me alone...

Jamie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm 

I'm looking forward to this, too. I love all of my Konosuke knives and still kinda wish I had one of those classic W#2 lasers represented in my collection. I guess if I finally get my hands on a W#2 Honyaki, perhaps I'll have a little less of a need for a W#2 laser... :)

I can't wait to here whether there are more or different lines coming from Konosuke in the coming months! Thanks, Kosuke, for sticking to your principles for performance and your very refined aesthetic standards!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:25 pm 

Mark, this is a great idea. It would be very cool to hear from any maker willing to take the time to talk to us!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 am 

Hi Everyone,

It's me Kosuke Kawamura from Konosuke!

Thank you for waiting for our knives for a long time..

I'll start to update the forecast for preparing our knives as much as possible.

We're asking the Fujiyama sharpener to do these knives in September.

Fujiyama Gyuto
=================
x10 White #1 240mm

x10 Blue #2 240mm

x6 Blue #2 210mm
=================

We'll do our best to do more if possible.

We also are going to prepare many HD2 Gyutos (both 210mm and 240mm) to arrive a little later in the Fall.

Thank you so much for your support of our brand!

Page 1 of 33 [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next