It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Masakage Zero
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:04 pm 

Anyone had experience with the Zero line? These are Kurosaki crafted as well and seriously, seriously good looking

Stainless cladding around an AS core with really beautiful Western Handles. Very pricey it seems, though if I ever want to upgrade my Shimo, this looks like right knife.

Post subject: Re: Masakage Zero
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:26 pm 

Mark, did you look at these for the site? If so, did you decide to stock the Kujira instead b/c of the price point overlap?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

I've got a line coming from him that is almost the same but with R2 stainless and micarta handles. I also am working with Kurasaki-san on an inexpensive white #2 stick tang knife. Hopefully I'll get the steels right before I put them up for sale. I'm so embarrassed I did that.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:48 pm 

Ha, I wouldn't worry about it. I think people are really going to love his knives regardless of steel. Unfortunately, I think the reactive cladding on the Shimo has resulted in only a few people buying the knife which is really too bad as this guy is really a fantastic smith. Hopefully some less reactive offerings from Kurosaki will excite people as much as the Shimo excited me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:23 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:I also am working with Kurasaki-san on an inexpensive white #2 stick tang knife

Now that sounds like a great plan. I'm certainly interested in that.

To the OP, those are fantastic looking knives. That handle shape is excellent.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]