It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Inexpensive Razors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm 

Ive been shaving with a Dovo Shavette but want to start shaving with a real straight edge so that I can hone and feel like the manliest man ever. Does anybody know of a place that I can find a decent straight edge razor for 40-50$. I don't want to have to shell out 200 dollars at the art of shaving for a razor with plastic scales at the art of shaving.

Thanks
Dan

Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Razors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:01 pm 

The least expensive straight purchased new is the Dovo, at $80. In your price range, you are looking at a used razor. The best place for you to get one is Whipped Dog:

http://whippeddog.com/products/find/straight-razors-1

You can buy one through the classifieds at StraightRazorPlace or Badger & Blade, but you may or may not get a decent razor at that price. Whatever you do, don't buy one off eBay - "Caveat emptor".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:38 pm 

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 am 

Whipped Dog is a great vendor, the Silvertip Badger brushes are excellent and a great value. They cost about $35 and should probably cost double that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:44 am 

I assume that you aren't proficient at sharpening on your own yet?
Then I would suggest that you go through the classifieds at StraightRazorPlace and buy one or two thats shave ready.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:56 am 

I have a rocking vintage swedish steel EDV Niestrom No.62 in pristine condition that is shave ready if you are interested.

Shoot me a pm if you are, or if not Badger and Blade and SRP have great classified sections.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:55 pm 

I have an ERN ATOR in great shape as well. The scales are nearly perfect and the blade is in great shape. I've only shaved with it once so far but it was a good shave :) I would let it go just because i already have too damn many razors :P I'm not really looking to sell it, but would let it go to someone interested in giving a straight a try.

Chris

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]