It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Goko White #1 240 Gyuto Re-handle --> SOLD!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 am 
Forum Moderator

My apologies to Gladius, but I also have a Goko W#1 240 Gyuto for sale. I'm thinning the herd a bit. I re-handled it with an oval Rosewood/Pakkawood (Ebony?) handle from a Kajihara KU Gyuto. Details are in the video. Not shown are some light scratches near the tip from some finishing and polishing work I performed on the spine near the tip to smooth it out a bit. The scratches are very light and you need to view it in the right light to see them. I did this work after shooting the video. The spine is real nice at the tip, though :-).

Spine and choiil/neck are relieved at bit as well. The handle is installed slightly further back from the choil than stock for more room to accommodate a pinch grip. IMO the install is pretty darn clean at the emoto/ferrule and I think it's pretty straight with the blade. It has a fantastic edge done by Melampus with extremely low miles on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, this was a forum special purchase. Considering the much nicer handle install and new edge, I want $150 shipped Cont U.S. for this knife.

Melampus took some photos while he had this knife and shows them here: post69788.html#p69788

Here is a video of the actual knife:

Post subject: Re: Goko White #1 240 Gyuto Re-handle
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 am 

No worries here.

I noticed the photos earlier on that post. Nice looking with that handle, I like it better than stock.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:18 pm 
Forum Moderator

@ Gladius, the handle really does bump up the aesthetics and handling of the knife.

This one is sold pending funds. It might be a day or two to confirm. I'll update the status if anything changes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:24 pm 

Steve- The re-handle looks great on that blade. Good luck with the sale!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm 
Forum Moderator

Thanks BTM. Yes, it turned out well and I think it complements the blade nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 am 

SteveG wrote:@ Gladius, the handle really does bump up the aesthetics and handling of the knife.

This one is sold pending funds. It might be a day or two to confirm. I'll update the status if anything changes.

Beauty. Love the new handle. Sorry I missed this one too.

Post subject: Re: Goko White #1 240 Gyuto Re-handle --> SOLD!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm 
Forum Moderator

This is now sold and on it's way to the West Coast :-).

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]