It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Konosuke Funayuki Profile HD 240 Gyuto <-- SOLD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:57 pm 

Up for sale is a knife I never expected to get rid of, but I know it’s best to let it go. I still love it. Upgraded to a Devin Thomas ITK, so I need to make room in my knife drawer (and recharge my bank account), so this one needs to be off to a new home.

I find Konosuke handles a little small and long, and I’m not a huge fan of ho, so I had the original handle replaced (by Tim Johnson) with a custom of stabilized amboyna burl (from Dream Burls). Interesting piece that had a bit of sapwood, which shows on the top of the handle, and a blackwood ferrule.

Typical of Konosukes, it runs a little short—it is about 230mm along the edge. Weight with the new handle is 160g; balance point is just in front of the choil, and I honestly think it feels (and certainly looks) better with the new handle. This knife lives up to its laser reputation. The HD steel has the lower maintenance needs of semi-stainless, but many say it sharpens much like carbon, and has very good edge retention.

This has been sharpened a few times. Some minor sharpening scratches—nothing that really bothered me enough to do anything about. I’m sure they’d be easily removed if the new owner cares.

I wasn’t quite sure how to price this. This knife goes for $294 new (and it's currently out of stock at CKTG), and I’ve got a good bit more invested in the handle materials and labor, so I’m offering it here for $325, which includes paypal fees and shipping in the U.S.

Attachments:
P1060031reduced400 wide.jpg [41.97 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
P1060029reduced400 wide.jpg [44.31 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
P1060027 reduced 400 wide.jpg [45.63 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Post subject: Re: FS: Konosuke Funayuki Profile HD 240 Gyuto
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:41 pm 

Price drop to 310.

Post subject: Re: FS: Konosuke Funayuki Profile HD 240 Gyuto
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:53 pm