It is currently Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Konosuke HD2 New in Box -- CLOSED!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 pm 

I have no business owning this knife so it's up for trade. I am new to Japanese knives and I am afraid that my technique isn't up to this level yet. It's new in box as I received it from CKTG. I will post a pic of it tomorrow when I am around my place. I am interested in trading this for another 240 Gyutos.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Konosuke HD2 New in Box
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 pm 

I know a lot of people will gladly take that knife off your hands, so I don't feel too bad about posting this, but I think you really should try it first. It's not as demanding as you might think just from the thickness, no worse as far as I'm concerned than I found the other knife you've mentioned in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:11 am 

I second the words above. In any case you cannot expect to get a new/different good knife and you will be left with some cash in your pockets. So what's the point?

I do not own a Konosuke but I am hearing good words about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:48 am 

I would third Lepus's advice. I have used a 240 HD2, and it did not strike me as an overly delicate knife. Just don't dig the tip in and cross-chop or torque the edge in hard product, and you will be fine.

I guess 'NIB' seems to make things more salable or tradable, but as long as you don't change the bevels or let it stain I can't see how using it a bit or even sharpening it would reduce the value, especially given the high desirability of these knives.

Also, I don't understand the desire for a trade? IT seems you would have more options if you sold it, then you could use the money to buy whatever you want, rather than having to wait for someone to offer something you wanted? You can get a LOT of knife for $300! And certainly a better all-arounder than the HD2.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:51 am 

30 posts required to use classifieds...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:21 am 

moss wrote:30 posts required to use classifieds...

+1

There for a reason, unfortunately. Perhaps that is all the more reason to give it some time on your own board?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:09 am 

I apologize for posting before hitting my 30 post min. I figured guys would want this knife and would forgive an early post.
That said, I thought I would trade this because many of the knives I would want are out of stock. I am open to selling this knife. Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:38 pm 

This knife is not special enough to break the forum rules, which you continue to do knowingly.

I remember the long time customer who joined to sell off multiple rare carbon knives including Konosuke, and his posts being deleted. We missed out on a number of nice knives that day.

Myself and every other forum member waited to surpass 30 posts. What makes you think you don't have to wait?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:38 pm 

Lepus, krx927,caerolle and salemj. Thanks for your input. As a new guy, I really appreciate those with vastly more experience.

Moss: I hit my 30 post min so hopefully that will make you happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:51 pm 

I would sit on it anyway. They are great knives. As well, they are hard to come by. You can always send it out to be sharpened down the road if you need to resell it.

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next