It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nubatama stones for the EP!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 am 
Forum Moderator

Finally! I've been asked about putting the Nubatama stones on the EP.

Well the first batch is ready for shipment to Mark! Here they are before I pack them up (going out Monday)

These are all from the Nubatama Bamboo series with a few stones not included in this first batch (220 Black, 1000 Gold, 3000, 5000 and 15000) but the rest of them are here!

Later these remaining Bamboo stones will be cut for the EP and then the Nubatama Ume series will be cut for the EP.

So the stones included in this batch are the 120, 180, 220 Pink, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1000 white or Platinum, 1200, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 10,000.

I have some 150 Bamboo stones already cut but they weren't part of this order. PM me if you are interested. (One of my favorite stones).

Here's some pics ...

---
Ken

Post subject: Re: Nubatama stones for the EP!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:45 am 
Forum Moderator

I've put some individual pictures of these stones over on my Facebook Page, Precise Sharpening:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Precise-S ... 8320288378 Come take a look and sign on if you care to.

I'll post these here as soon as I figure out how to do it since they are coming out HUGE for now.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Nice! I can't wait to get them.

Richmond Laser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 am 
Forum Moderator

Mark got them in , took pictures and got them up on the site just in time for Christmas! Kudos to Mark for getting this going so quickly in the middle of Christmas chaos!

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/nuedprost.html

I'm really looking forward to getting these stones in the hands of the EdgePro community. I get great feedback from this group of users (If you are reading this post, that means you!) and I really feel that the introduction of Nubatamas to the EP will open up a whole new level of capability to EP users.

Exciting times!

---
Ken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 am 
Forum Moderator

Just a 'heads up' that the 50 Bamboo and 2k Ume stones will be coming in next :)

---
Ken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:31 am 
Forum Moderator

Sorry that's the 150 Bamboo and 2k Ume.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 am 

I've had a chance to use the 150, 400, 1000,5000 and 10,000 bamboo stones. Also the 2000 ume. As Ken had suggested, the 150 was ideal for removing scratches left from the Atoma 150 when re profiling several blades. I used them while re shaping some folders and petty knives with broken tips and a bunch of different powdered steel Gyutos and petty or 2. Even used them to finish redoing a Katana! Maybe 20 knives so far. The stones offer great feel and are quick. They are holding up extremely well. Considering how "soft" they feel to me, they don't dish. Very quick and easy to flatten. Although I really like the Shapton Glass stones and will continue to use them, I find myself gravitating towards the Nubatamas.The 400 is a great first stone for all but rough knives. Fast working, the 10 k stone gave a nice polish on ZDP , M390 and #2 white. (Overkill on the #2, but the owner wanted it all the way and stropped) I've done mostly stainless , but in general, I like the finish these leave. I find myself slowing down and enjoying the process because of excellent feedback. Nubatamas have yet to meet a steel they didn't like.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 am 
Forum Moderator

Mark should be receiving the Nubatama Bamboo 150 back in stock, along with a few 140 Atomas for the EP, so get 'em while they are hot :) This is a great stone to add to any group of stones - Shaptons
(GS and PRO), Choceras or of course Nubatamas on the EP. Even good if you are using other stones as this wears slow and cuts VERY fast leaving a nice finish. If your lowest stone is a 400 or 500 grit stone,
consider adding this to your lineup.

Mrmnms, thanks for posting this first initial review of Nubatamas on the EP. Looking forward to more to follow from you and other users.

---
Ken

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]