It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: costillas del diablo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:32 pm 

I'll be watching the superbowl for the first time in years, so I decided to combine two of my favorite food; ribs and nachos.

You'll need:

3 lbs country style pork ribs.
1 head garlic
1 red onion
2 habaneros
4 serranos
3 small carrots
1 red pepper
1 Anaheim
A small handful anchos
4 guacillos
2 limes
Honey
Negra modelo
Tomato paste
Beef stock
Dried super pepper mix (trinidad scorpion, chocolate bhut's, carolina reaper, and bonnets)
Super pepper salsa
Super pepper sauce
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Cinnamon
Alspice
Romas
Cilantro
Cheese
Mission chips
Beans

Day one: (all this can happen in one day, but I've only had between midnight and 4 to work on this.)

Rough chop peppers (reserve a Serrano for garnish) onion, carrot, and split garlic. Place dry chili's in bottom of roasting tray. Dry, season, and sear ribs in large sautee pan and place on tray. Char half the veg until dark in sautee pan until dark, season, and add to tray. Sautee other half until soft, char the paste, and deglaze with negra modelo. Add to tray. Use stock to hunt any remaining fond, add to tray. Pour stock into tray until halfway up ribs. Put glob of sp sauce, honey, and entire squeezed quartered lime into tray. Refridge overnight.

Day two:

Bring liquid to slight boil, cover, and put in oven at 300 for two hours. Remove cover, turn up oven to 420, and turn ribs every 20 minutes until bone falls without resistance. (Roughly 90 minutes) because I'm turning these into nachos and not serving as ribs, I recovered them, put them back in oven, turned off the oven and left for another hour. Pop a corner and refrigerate overnight.

Today:

Remove ribs from tray, shred by hand, (pinch every piece for hidden bone) strain veg, reduce sauce til sticky, squeeze some lime on rib meat, add to sauce. Transfer to crock pot, drive the buddy's house and build nachos there. Watch Broncos win. Garnish with diced tom, serrano, chiffonade cilantro, and serve with homemade salsa and sour cream.

There are no pics, I just put them in the crock pot and I'll be leaving soon to accomplish the final steps.

Denver 27-Carolina 20

Post subject: Re: costillas del diablo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 pm 

Chile con carne, guacamole and the fixin's

ImageImageImage

Denver 24 Carolina 21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 pm 

That looks awesome, a good chili is hard to beat. Any more superbowl pics or recipes out there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:13 am 

Damn that looks good!

I usually do chili, but after your Broncos knocked out my Pats, wasn't in a SuperBowl kind of mood. Homemade pizzas instead. I make my own sauce and dough and cooked my wife's favorite pizza: Chipotle tomato sauce, roasted red bell peppers, fresh basil, garlic puree and smoked gouda cheese.

I like mine with spanish (not moroccan) anchovies, kalamata, jalapeno, melted onions and slivered garlic.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]