It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 9 of 25 [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Typos on the site
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I went in and fixed a bunch more of these. Overtime, this little thread is helping clean up the site in a big way. Thank all of you very much!

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

CKTG <> The Tojiro DP Gokujo <--link is still excluded from the boning knife page <--link. Since you have decided to include the Gokujos into the boning knife page, as they are boning knives, I reckon you sort of have to incorporate the Hankotsus into the same page, as well. Maybe set up a subfolder for each of these in the Boning Knife folder so they are separate but included; like your Sujihiki subfolder, of which says OOS, in your Carving Knife folder <--link. You really want as much exposure as possible, I would imagine. Meaning they are Hankotsus & Gokujos, but for the laymen looking for boning knives - in the boning knife folder, they would never even venture to the separate Hankotsus & Gokujos folders not knowing what they were. Subfolders in the Boning Folder, in addition to their own individual folders in knife types, will expand exposure.

And the blade dimension is short by 10cm on the Shun Gokujo <--link.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

I love you.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:I love you.

LOL! The perfect reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 pm 
Forum Moderator

CKTG <> Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 pm 
Forum Moderator

CKTG <> G-d knows this will probably sell before I post this, but I can't help recognize the ambiguity of the Shigefusa listing <--link.

It's pictured with & without a handle, but the description says it comes without one. I would think if it comes w/o a handle, the main photo should be w/o a handle, and then the secondary & tertiary photos can give examples of handleS... more than one so someone doesn't think they are getting the one specific handle currently pictured. If that handle is included, you have to take the "comes w/o a handle" line out of the description.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 pm 

Melampus wrote:CKTG <> G-d knows this will probably sell before I post this, but I can't help recognize the ambiguity of the Shigefusa listing <--link.

It's pictured with & without a handle, but the description says it comes without one. I would think if it comes w/o a handle, the main photo should be w/o a handle, and then the secondary & tertiary photos can give examples of handleS... more than one so someone doesn't think they are getting the one specific handle currently pictured. If that handle is included, you have to take the "comes w/o a handle" line out of the description.

I can't swear to it, but I think there is a Kato like that aswell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

I sometimes use the handleless item page once the knife is handled and forget to carefully read the description. I fixed the Shig page. This knife is tugging on me to steal it. I love the look of the handle and their blade grinds are fantastic.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 am 

The Naniwa IE-0300 is not listed on the "High Grit stone" list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:48 am 

I'm only posting this so I can get my post count up to 100 and qualify for the forum specials. ;)

In the description of Blue Number 1 Steel: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/blue1steel.html

Takes very fine edge, and holds it long time.

Missing the "a" between takes and very.

Page 9 of 25 [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next