It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Takeda Box Cutter Review
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Product Id:taboxcu
Rating:5
Name:Chef randall
Location (City, State):Virginia
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/taboxcu.html
Review:My girlfriend surprised me with this knife a couple days ago. It seemed like an outrageous purchase, but in the couple days I’ve had it, I’ve used it constantly at the restaurant and at home. Out of the box shaving sharp, with quality sheath for your belt. The only (not problems) Ive run into with it, is that it’s a bit bigger than it looks in the picture, and the sheath is generous. When it’s on your belt, it’s awkward to sit down. The length of the knife seems a bit daunting at first, but the handle design is pretty ingenious. I’m 6’5" and it fits in my hand fine, my girlfriend is 5’5" and it fits fine in her hand. Very well balanced and designed. It’s pricey, but in a professional kitchen setting where it gets used every day, ts certainly worth it.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Takeda Box Cutter Review
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 pm 

The Takeda Box Cutter is an interesting knife. I have a replica of a Viking neck knife, hand forged by Toivo Jaaranen of Finland, that is quite similar to Takeda's knife. Its a really useful knife, and I love it. It makes me wonder if the Vikings were the first Europeans to "discover" Japan, or perhaps Takeda saw a Viking neck knife at a knife show or in a magazine? Attached is a picture.Image

“If one really wants to be master of an art, technical knowledge of it is not enough. One has to transcend technique so that the art becomes an ‘artless art’ growing out of the Unconscious.” Eugen Herrigel

Post subject: Re: Takeda Box Cutter Review
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:29 pm 

I have a Spyderco Endura folder with big 3.75" blad (3.5 cutting edge), it clips inside your pocket, running along your pants seam. You don't even feel it, and the blade opens one-handed. I use it all the time. I wouldn't like to carry a clunky sheath knife indoors...even if it is Takeda awesomeness

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]