It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Takeda AS Stainless Clad 250mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:02 am 

Hey all,
Been busy as of late, but I managed to squeeze one out. Enjoy :)

Post subject: Re: Takeda AS Stainless Clad 250mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:45 am 

excellent vid

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:15 pm 

As always, great work!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:16 am 

Cop & cedar:
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. :) Hopefully the YT channel I took footage from doesn't request a removal. I made a request to that channel if I could use it, but never got a response.

As for the knife, as you can see, it's a HUGE knife, yet I found comfort using it very quickly. It loses some on the nimbleness side of things, but it became an extension of my arm very quickly. Never thought above switching out once. Edge it came with is super toothy, my guess is around 2k, just below where I like it. Took a few days of typical abuse in the maw of heavy prep with no touch-ups, carried on like a true soldier. Excellent HT. Grind could be better, but did not have any of the bad wedging issues stated by others. One oddity I have to point out is that on really wet poly boards, almost every part of the edge at some point would stick in to the board when rocking. Never had such an experience like that before. Maybe that attributes to the toothy edge? If I could change some things about the knife, definitely would like the edge profile slightly flatter on the backside and a slightly larger, thinner bevel. All in all, great experience.

Thanks again Mark for your generosity and letting me have a go at all these knives :D I never forget that when I put these videos together for CKTG. I have been meaning to get to the knives I have sooner, but work has left me with very little energy & time to do much else, especially cook at home. More to come, hopefully sooner than later...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:48 am 

Great video. Knives demo is excellent as always but I really enjoyed the beginning showing Takeda (I assume that was Takeda) working.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:17 pm 

Great Video, I enjoyed it. Excellent production and knife skills. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 pm 

Excellent choice of music.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:30 am 

Dude! Your videos rock!

Love it....

I have a Takeda 240 gyuto and also, my favorite....my precious....Takeda nakiri. For anyone interested, check out my post in the "Matt Delosso Handles" area in the "knife and handle makers" section for the forum for the absolute sick work he did on that knife, post titled "MD". Loved that thing before he got it, and now it's even more awesome.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]