We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:01 am
I'm looking to purchase a knife for making sushi and sashimi. I'm a home cook and make sushi maybe 1-2 times per month. I don't want a single edge knife because I will not be sharpening on a stone. I have a Tojiro roll sharpener and a ceramic rod and that's what I'll be using. Based on this, I'm guessing a sujihiki of some sort is my best bet? I've also got my eye on a Tojiro 6" utility knife. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations.
Here's my info:
1. Are you right handed? Yes
2. What type of knife are you interested in (gyuto, nakiri etc..)? Something for sushi/sashimi prep (sujihiki, utility, etc)
3. What size knife are you looking for? 8-9"
4. Do you prefer carbon or stainless steel? not sure
5. Do you prefer a western handle or a Japanese handle? not sure
6. How much did you want to spend? up to $80
7. Do you know how to sharpen? no
Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 am
This is my top recommendation for you:
Fujiwara FKM 240 Sujihiki: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/fufkmsu24.html
If you want a slightly larger handle, get the Tojiro DP version: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/todpslkn24.html
Both are great knives for the money, and will touch up nicely with a ceramic rod.
Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:05 pm
Yeah, the Fujiwara FKM is a great choice in that price range.
Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:22 pm
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.