It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suggestions for a good Nakiri for around $100.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hello there,

Might you make a recommendation for me?

Since I picked up the "Seyru?" nakiri that my wife received as a gift, I've not been able to put it down.
That was about a year ago and although I enjoy it thoroughly, it's not weighted well, nor does it keep it's edge for very long.
I have no problem sharpening any knife, just don't enjoy doing it each and every time I use it.
I had the mixed experience of the DP Tojiro's (friend)great cutting edge and western style handle, that I couldn't stand at all.
I keep all kinds of high end German, Spanish and Brazilian knives, some costing hundreds of dollars, but now, they seem to suck, compared to my $20.00 Seyru.
I'm not deterred by knife maintenance tasks and always hand wash and dry everything I use in the kitchen regardless of need.
That being said, have you any recommendations for a Wa handled nakiri around a hundred bucks or so?

Thanks for your input,

Don

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for a good Nakiri for around $100.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Don,

You have less options at this price but this Tanaka damascus nakiri is a smokin good knife for the money.
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/tanakanakiri1.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for a good Nakiri for around $100.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 am 
Forum Moderator

I was going to recommend the Tanaka! Even the Kurouchi version takes and holds a good edge.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]