It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 8 of 8 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Spyderco EDC Recommendations
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:28 am 

So my last 2 EDC's were the Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Knife and my current Kershaw Echelon. I was thinking about the Kershaw Piston next but pjwoolw posted on the other thread which got me thinking about Spyderco and then I found this thread. So I will try to provide some info for some suggestions.

I carry left handed and tip up. Inner-city computer tech type of usage. Meaning mostly forms of packaging, cardboard boxes, plastics, papers. But if I get stuck in a jam I will use it for wire ties and copper wires. I do like Kershaw's speed open and I also like flippers. Partial to G10 or micarta handles. Do not like metal handles at all. My EDC steel I am not overly concerned with as long as its stainless. Tend to leave carbon or high end stainless for the kitchen only. Only looking to spend <$50-$60. Which is why the Piston was looking to be my next purchase.

Not sure how I will like the spyderco thumb hole thing but convince me with suggestions I am open as all I hear about is Spyderco.

Post subject: Re: Spyderco EDC Recommendations
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 am 
Forum Moderator

WHO'S <> I think you have 7 pages of suggestions, but I can say i've carried the same model Spyderco since 1994 because it is simply a perfect fit... for me. And I find the thumb hole much faster than the Kershaw speed open of which I find slightly awkward.

Page 8 of 8 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8