It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

This is the forum to announce your sharpening promotions, write about new products you've tested, and show off your skills.
You can post your prices, link your Facebook and YouTube page, contact information, etc...

You can post 1 sales thread and bump it all you want and add new promotions to it.

To apply for your own subforum, PM any of the mods here on the board, they are free!

Page 10 of 11 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spending time with my friend, 52100 :)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 am 

Ian Rodgers has a *bow tie*. You have to compete with that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:57 pm 

They're up on the site now but I am going to wait to see the Wa handle. Plus I really want one stamped with your logo.
It took all my strength not to press the buy button on one of those beauties though :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:30 pm 
Forum Moderator

Wow, already sold out! That makes me a happy man.

I can't wait to finally start putting logos on so I don't have to listen to you people whine so much.. (KIDDING KIDDING!! LOL :mrgreen: )

There will be logos, trust me. That part just seemed rather unimportant to me at first, but now I understand it makes a difference. Just didn't want to rush something out that I wasn't happy with.

I do appreciate the input though, it helps me realize what it is that I should or shouldn't be doing. Thanks for that.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:10 pm 

Knife Fanatic wrote:Wow, already sold out! That makes me a happy man.

I can't wait to finally start putting logos on so I don't have to listen to you people whine so much.. (KIDDING KIDDING!! LOL :mrgreen: )

There will be logos, trust me. That part just seemed rather unimportant to me at first, but now I understand it makes a difference. Just didn't want to rush something out that I wasn't happy with.

I do appreciate the input though, it helps me realize what it is that I should or shouldn't be doing. Thanks for that.

I want people to know who made my beautiful blade.
You have no idea how hard it was to not buy one today especially as all 4 were available when I looked.
Sure hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot :(
Aloha!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 pm 
Forum Moderator

Maui - they are NICE :-). Shaun did a great job with the 52100 steel. It just wants to get sharp on the stones. As a home cook, I've prepped a few meals, using the 118 as my only knife, just to see what I could do with it. It's fun to switch it up once in a while :-).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 pm 

SteveG wrote:Maui - they are NICE :-). Shaun did a great job with the 52100 steel. It just wants to get sharp on the stones. As a home cook, I've prepped a few meals, using the 118 as my only knife, just to see what I could do with it. It's fun to switch it up once in a while :-).

Steve....I know I will love it when I get one.
How do you like the handle?
Not sure if I want a Wa or not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 pm 

Can't wait for a wa handled petty. I am literally salivating at the thought. Small tall petties are so versatile it's insane. So, Shaun, in keeping with your "tweener" blade sizes, how about a 260mm gyuto?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:17 pm 

JourneymanDoug wrote:Can't wait for a wa handled petty. I am literally salivating at the thought. Small tall petties are so versatile it's insane. So, Shaun, in keeping with your "tweener" blade sizes, how about a 260mm gyuto?

+1 250-260mm gyuto in 52100 would be fantazmagorical!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

Maui, for my medium-smallish hands the handle works great for both racquet and pinch. If you have large hands there's good room for the 3 fingers under the handle. Racquet grip and 4 fingers with large hands might be tight with the birds beak handle end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:28 am 

I received my petty from the last batch. Great fit and finish. The handle is beautiful and fits my hand like a glove. Goes through veggies like nobody's business. Very happy. I had to smooth the choil a bit, but that was all. A matching gyuto would be great, so I support the above requests.

Page 10 of 11 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next