Ok, so more firsts here, I decided not to use the ivory scales, one because of the flaw in them, and secondly, black looks sexy! For the pivot, I had originally decided to use a 1/8" folder pivot, with screws. Upon looking at this a little closer, the screws looked BIG. So the problem I had was the 1/8" hole through the tang... To remedy this, I installed a bronze bushing, then drilled this to accept a 1/16" NS pin.
I used some blue turquoise, with pyrite webbing as a wedge, a little splash of color.
Now. Pins and peening. This is the first time I have ever done this. I purchased some washers and pinstock (this is why its taken as long as it did). So I decided no pain no gain, and used the pins/washers. I recessed a little counter sink to reduce the height the pin head would stick out.
The horn I used is actually on the translucent side. Kind of nice stuff, but a PITA to get flat, and even.
So all in all, this is the finished product. Still learning school of hard knocks.
Now the pics, let me know your thoughts!