It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Richmond AS Sujihiki, Takeda & more ----> SOLD!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 pm 

Well the time has come to cull my knife collection. I only have so much space in the knife block, and there are some knives I just don't use and deserve see active duty elsewhere. All prices include shipping:

1. Richmond AS Sujihiki 270 with Ho wood handle. I bought this without a handle and did a nice job installing a simple ho wood handle, if I do say so myself. Handle is burned in and sealed with beeswax. Blade has been sharpened once (it gets amazingly sharp), and is in pristine condition. A truly wonderful knife for slicing duties and I would be keeping this if I hadn't splurged on a Takeda yanagi. $190.

2. Takeda Banno Petit. Boy I'm sad to see this one go. I just have too many damn pettys and one too many Takedas. Lovely knife and scalpel sharp (recently sharpened by JasonB), $175.

3. Sakai Yusuke 180 petty. This is the Swedish stainless version and is a real laser. Profile is a little more on the gyuto-ish side. Blade is wicked sharp thanks to JasonB, some minor scratches from stone slurry on the blade. $100.

4. CCK Small Cleaver. Sad to see this one go too - just love using it but I have too many other amazing knives to give this one much time. A little patina from use, but has plenty of life left. $40.

5. Last but not least, Shun Classic 3-piece set, with 3" paring, 6" utility and 9" chef's knife. This is what got me started on the crazy journey to knife obsession. Fittingly there is no longer room for all of these knives, and I have knives of each size that I am now more attached to. Say what you will about mass production, but all three of these knives are absolute performers. Edges are in great shape, but some scuff marks from newbie sharpening mistakes (mostly on the 8"). This set comes with a nice bamboo box. $175

Please feel free to PM for more details (measurement etc), or for more pictures. Thanks for looking!!

Post subject: Re: Richmond AS Sujihiki, Takeda and more
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:10 am 

Sakai Yusuke is sold pending funds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:29 am 

That was fast - Sakai Yusuke is sold. Off to a great start, come and get em!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:23 am 

Bugger. That was the knife I wanted out of the set.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 pm 

Takeda is sold, pending funds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm 

Takeda sold! Just three more sales to go and I can save face with the wife. Somebody pick up the suji, it's a wonderful blade!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 pm 

Bump so that I can keep the sales going. Takeda and Yusuke are gone, but the Richmond AS sujihiki, CCK and Shuns are available. Price drop on everything by $15. So, I'll take $175 for the suji, $25 for the CCK and $160 for the Shuns.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 pm 

PM sent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:32 am 

CCK is sold. Just the suji and Shuns to go.. come and get em!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:14 am 

Bump with another price drop! I'll take $160 shipped for the sujihiki. Last price drop on suji before I decide to keep it. Make me an offer on the Shuns - I'll consider anything reasonable because I just want them to go to a good home.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next