It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Richmond Artifex logo engraving/profile change?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:07 pm 

Hi, I've seen several different versions of the logo engraving on the Artifex 210 gyuto. This may seem insignificant, but I much prefer the logo on blades pictured here:

4-more-artifex-s-heading-to-cktg-this-week-t642.html?hilit=rehandle%20artifex&start=0

then on the one pictured on the CKTG store website. Which engraving is current?

Also, the knife in the linked photo appears to have a different profile then the catalogue picture. Has the profile changed?

As a side note: I think the orange handles on Second Harvest Food Bank knives were pretty cool. The Artifex line is so utilitarian in looks, the orange handles really play up this utilitarian quality. The orange reminds me of quality inexpensive outdoor/fishing knives. Looking at the black handle keeps reminding me that there is no bolster etc., the orange makes me forget about it.

Sorry for my aesthetic obsessions, I know these are tools, not wall art.

Post subject: Re: Richmond Artifex logo engraving/profile change?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 am 

I have an Artifex from about a year back with the logo of the ones you've linked to. I too like it better than the ones shown on the current web store.

Post subject: Re: Richmond Artifex logo engraving/profile change?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:42 am 
Forum Moderator

They changed the logo a while back on the Artifex and Addict IIRC. I don't remember hearing of profile changes, but it may be the angles the pictures were taken at. The ones I took were flat on a table, CKTG pictures have them angled a bit more up from the table.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]