It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Richmond Artifex 150 utility
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:47 am 

On a previous forum, I was searching for both a petty and paring knife to upgrade my 4in victorinox to paring. After realizing no one I work with uses paring knives, I settled on the aebl utility and after a days use I am amazed at how many times I reached for this knife on the line. Coring and Xing tomato concasse was so easy with this nimble little knife and cutting chicken and tenderloins was thoughtless. The handle heavy blade sits perfectly in my mid sized hand and the toothy edge held up just fine after a days use. For the price, this knife is an unbelievable bargain and am looking forward to doing more detail work with it in the future... im fairly certain I have to cut a mess of shallots tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Richmond Artifex 150 utility
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:14 pm 

I've had my eye on that same knife. Not a lot of info on it so thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:07 am 

It has a great steel in AEB-L and a tough handle. Should give you years of service, glad you like it. Wait until you put it to the stones a few times, it only gets better.
I use a 150 petty for many tasks in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:08 am 

This lil guys gone through a lot already on a shit show busy weekend. It survived a drop from a coworker without any damage. I just touched up on a gb and strops and this things a scalpel. This a fantastic performer, durable, and easily worth every penny. I would be very surprised to see anything else at it's price out perform it.

Last edited by jmcnelly85 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 am 

I use my Tanaka Damascus 150mm petty on the line, love the knife, and the fact that the Wa handle differentiates it from the henckels, and Wustoff utility knives that some of the other cooks use, because it doesn't get picked up accidentally.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:07 am 

I understand if it's busy and there's a knife right there, its getting used. I'm the one that brought it on the line and it comes with the territory. I'm just glad it survived. Dropping other people's knives is inexcusable, but no harm no foul. Sometimes you don't have time to get pissed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]