It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Konosuke HH 240mm First Impressions
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:31 am 

I bought this knife for a few reasons: I don't have a laser nor have ever used one so I must get one at some point. I wanted a super thin and light knife that had great geometry for mass prep. Also I have hear so many good things about Konosuke but do not have to time to upkeep a carbon steel knife in a busy kitchen, nor is it practical.

The knife arrived as usual 3 days after it was shipped, thanks to the great customer service! :)

Blade: Great finish on the blade, a rounded spine very even all the way down. It has a super thin blade and feels like a feather in your hand.

Handle: Not much to say about the handle...A standard octagon handle very basic, it is finished very nicely though all edge are rounded and is comfortable in the hand.

Edge: The edge to the finger it feel very sharp OOTB. Shaves hair, and slices printer paper to shreds.

Overall: IMHO this knife is worth more than I paid from first impressions. Time will ultimately tell how I like the knife but with a sharp OOTB edge an impressive fit and finish, I am very excited to test it on some food.

Drew Hostetler

Post subject: Re: Konosuke HH 240mm First Impressions
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Hos,

I'm glad you got it quickly and like the knife. Kosuke from Konosuke will be coming out to Madison in a couple weeks and I'll be sure to show him your review. I have tons of stuff to talk to him about. His brand is taking off and it's almost entirely because of word of mouth.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy it.

Richmond Laser

Post subject: Re: Konosuke HH 240mm First Impressions
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:23 am 

Just got mine!

What can I say? I bought it as soon as I saw the email stating that it was available and I'm glad I did.

It's a simple, picture perfect, and clean looking knife that performs. It's comfortable, it's light, and it's precise. I need my knives to slice and not bruise, this one certainly does just that. I would of got this knife before I got my HD if it existed before, but don't get me wrong I'd still buy the HD though because that knife is sick. At least to me, I think this knife is beautifully priced and everything about it just makes sense.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]